• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The T.E.C. WB is in , Here are some ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson

Got the Swiftech T.E.C. WB installed . Setup was very easy , Just cover , Spray , insulate and put the WB on and wallah your done . :clap:
Ok lets take a closer look at this beast shall we ? temps at idle are great ! From below 0*c to 2*c . Lets look at load temps when under a normal 100% load the CPU does EVEN better than expected ! Just look at that ! The CPU can not even heat up enough change the temps ( CPU temp probes are stuck they will not go past 37*c and 38*c ) However when we look at line pack we see that the CPU load is MAX OUT ! ( I know I will never put that much load on it ) And the temps start to climb Now I stopped the test after what 15min I figure first off I will never be doing any thing close to this kind of stuff on my CPU 24/7 and I wanted to not just do that all day long . :comp: I want to get my game on ! Any way how about a big round of :clap: for ME :shrug: ? This is great and most stayed away from this because of WHAT ? I mean this is a really nice T.E.C. WB . For every day use this is great .

Attachments

• idle temps..jpg
    idle temps..jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 245
  • test one ..jpg
    test one ..jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 241
  • TestOCCTLinePack.jpg
    TestOCCTLinePack.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCI0033.JPG
    DSCI0033.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 246
Do you have a themral probe to check the actual CPU temp? I expect you have something since you said it is running 0-2C :)

That is pretty sweet for a last gen quad at 4GHz even if it was 37C :)

Do you have a themral probe to check the actual CPU temp? I expect you have something since you said it is running 0-2C :)

That is pretty sweet for a last gen quad at 4GHz even if it was 37C :)

Yes I have 4 temp probes one is also reading get this now it is behind the CPU on the back of the MB !

When it goes below 0*c it reads LOW . The reading of 2*c is from the BIOS .

One thing I have found out so far is every one was wrong about this T.E.C. cooler . This is great been up for hours now mostly idle and this thing is cooler than a winters morn .

The one thing I know for sure is that the temp probe on all 4 cores are stuck ! There is no movement at all under idle conditions , so that tells me they are stuck . Have been ever since I got it . They have always read the same way .

Last edited:
Every one is wrong in what way? You still have a risk, of course it's manageable. You have more heat to dissipate from your water loop, possible condensation and the regular risks of water cooling with the added danger of something known to melt parts when not properly cooled. That peltier probably draws about as much power as a second computer too. So yes, when people ask questions in the TEC area, people tend to advise not doing it but it looks like you have a pretty good setup going. If the reduction in temperature is worth using the TEC then that's great it worked out so well :) How warm does your radiator get now?

what kinda TEC is strapped under that swiftech block? 427w dominator?

Isn't Dominator the name of a WC / TEC kit? I'm pretty sure that's just a regular swiftech TEC block, I think the peltier is included. If a larger one was used, wouldn't it just be the bare TEC unit that was swapped?

the old school swiftech blocks shipped with a 130 to 220w peliter installed... I wasn't sure if he had upgraded the TEC module or not, because i'm looking at his signature and it says he has a 850w power supply dedicated to the TEC... so yeah

edit: but the 427w dominator pelts were sold alone at one point as well...

It has the 226w tec and the water gets warm 42*c but now that is only when fully loaded right now the temp of the water going into the res is 39*c The top of the WB near the inlet hole reads 32*c right now 38*c or so loaded up far beyond any thing I will ever do normally . The RAD I did not put a probe on that so I do not know and I am getting a second on in a day or 2 ! MAN this thing is great ! I wanted it to do good nut this is better than I expected .

wow... those are great temps for a 226w pelt

... and I thought that pelts were outdated - I guess not after seeing this thread.

wow... those are great temps for a 226w pelt

... and I thought that pelts were outdated - I guess not after seeing this thread.

Yeah well they use them in things like the v10 and v8 but no one ever talks about that , WHY because they suck they are 80w Pelts on heat pipes . Hey but every one was wrong about the Ultra chilltech I had too . It worked great for me . But again thanks this is fun and adding the 2nd rad should give me more room in terms of heat I can remove and cool as well .

Well the new rad is in and running far better than I expected ! WOW this is really nice and cold !

Tons more work to do on this but for now this is cooler than EVER ! :attn:

Back