• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP45-UD3P or P5Q Pro Turbo??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zanson

ok so since my EP35-DS4 Seems to slowly be falling apart on me i need a new MB.

need your guys opinions on the boards, i have read through countless threads and well i cant make up my mind. I will probably get **** for asking since there are so many topics on how good both are but just need a 3rd opinion on this one. Hopefully this will last me a few more years.

Anyways,
currently i can find the GA-EP45-UD3P on amazon for $138
P5Q Pro Turbo on newegg for $124

guess the real question is do i spend a little more for a MB that everyone seems to reccomend (until it was discontinued from the egg) or do i go to ASUS and the lower price...

i WILL be OCing these and for a better OC im also going with the GSkil 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1100 (PC2 8800) (currently running 4 x 1GB)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231194

I would stay away from the P5Q Pro Turbo. There are known issues with it. My friend built a rig with one and it's been nothing but a nightmare trying to oc it. He's forced to run it @ stock speed.

Go with the Giga board.

Since you have over 100 posts I would consider looking in the OC Forum's classifieds (mobo/cpu section) for a replacement socket 775 motherboard. I've seen UD3P's for sale (none currently) as well as others. There is an ASUS P5Q-E available now for ~ $70.

I would stay away from the P5Q Pro Turbo. There are known issues with it. My friend built a rig with one and it's been nothing but a nightmare trying to oc it. He's forced to run it @ stock speed.

Go with the Giga board.

i have one of these boards (p5q pro turbo), while i didnt use it a lot - it took an e3110 to 4GHz with zero problems.

Back