• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator Mounting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

starrant

Registered
Is there a preferred method to mounting a radiator inside the case? Would you mount the radiator with the inlet and outlet on the top or bottom? Is there an advantage one way or the other? I have two rad's and one "120X4" will be mounted vertical and another "120X3" is going to mount horizontally. Your feedback is appreciated. :D

IMO the main thing, if you can, is to have the fans pulling the outside air into the rad. In my experience bleeding the system has never been a real issue. Just be sure to tip the case and get all air you can out.

Its gonna be a pain to bleed either way so dont worry about that. MAke sure you have enough tubing to unhook the rad, rotate and shake it around so you can get the air outta the raditor. Took me about 10 mins to perfect my MCR320, no air but it will be a hassle twisting around.

I just dont see how that will fit a 120x4 rad I would love to see the finished product!!!

Good feedback, what about installing a T line at the lowest part of each loop for draining the system? Would this work with maybe a quick disconnect fitting so I could add a lenght of tubing when I need to drain for maintenance? Or maybe just a T in the line with length of tubing and a plug in the end. Is it necessary to take apart the loop when draining the system? I know I have a lot of questions but I want to be sure that I am at least setting this up for the easiest way to maintain water changes. :confused:

El Kido said "I just dont see how that will fit a 120x4 rad I would love to see the finished product!!!"
Are you asking about the size of my case? Not sure I understand, of course I am a littled tired. :confused:

Back