• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 seperate radiators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Headstand

After getting some info from the other guy's thread, I found this. How would this work exactly, is it distributed through the 2 rads, or does it go through one, then the second. It appears that is distributes the cooling.

Now this is way overkill for what I need, but I have the real estate in the case, so I was thinking inside my 932 at the top. Mount 3 intake fans, then a 120.3, then 3 intake fans, then 120.3, then 3 intake fans. If the water went through 1 rad completely then through the 2nd rad, that should be some pretty good cooling.

Just learning, so pardon the noobness.

sidewindercomputers_2097_23010827

the above rads are in parallel so it flows in one side and splits to both rads then comes out the other side and joins back to the 1 barb.

if you have the space, you will get much better temps if you have the rads separated. stacking rads like that is only if space is an issue.

but if you do want to still go with it, as you said go with fan|rad|fan|rad|fan.

The Swiftech rad setup like you have shown:

In on one rad, out to the second, out from the second to the WC loop. True series loop setup.

Problems.

In the pic, even the best 120 x25mm fand don't have enough OMPFF or CFM to make the setup work. You have to double the fannage to 4 fans (think thickness) and some pretty good fans too. Yate Loon highs, you'l need four for the picture.

Next problem. The second rad is getting warmer air by a few C higher. IT really hurts the capability of the second rad.

In total, unless your willing to put massive fans (NOISE) on the setup, you gain very little by going this route. Peeps do use this when they need a bit more cooling, already have a MCR rad in the loop, have room for for the new rad and the extra fans. They gain a bit more cooling without a MAJOR MAJOR rebuild.

For a new loop? NO friggin way. Poor efficiency, loud fans etc.

In fact, I bet when Gabe (Swiftech CEO) introduced this and after testing by pros with real science, he went, Awww crap.......

http://www.skinneelabs.com/swiftech-mcr320-stack.html

Bookmark this place you WILL be back........... Hopefully your reading other posts besides this one.

Back