• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFi X48-T2R NB Volts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PartOfTheSoluti

Registered
Hello,
So I am just trying to bring to life a DFi X48-T2R with a Q9550 and 2x2gb of 1066 OCZ. Things have been a little slow at first but I am getting the better of it now and have the system stable.

My question is about NB voltage settings, inasmuch as I can see a lot of posts in all sort of forums with people setting X48 NB voltage as high 1.55v.
Now the intel spec. for the X48 NB says that the max voltage is 1.375v
See http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/319122.pdf
page 223 table "Absolute Minimum and Maximum Ratings"

With the X48-T2R having a setting range of 1.265V~2.040.

Are we all talking about the same NB voltage here or I have mist something?

Many thanks

yes looks like we are talking about the same voltage, however generally as a rule I always say add a max of 0.20v to any main voltage, like vcore or NB etc, not sub voltages, so find out what you stock is and add a max of 0.20v to that, if you have some kind of extreme cooling for your NB then you can maybe add a bit more, but definatly not 2.040v

You know good old oscar from DFI, he clocks and designs his boards to the extreme which is why DFI were once the leaders in motherboards in the overclocking department, especially back in the days of the DFI Expert.

Back