• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual ATI 4890's Cooling Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arrakis_The_Dra

Registered
:confused:Im about to upgrade my system to watercooling, the stock fans just arent cutting it with my video cards on games like Star Trek Online etc. Wondering if the following would be a good setup:

Swiftech MCP655-B™ 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH)

Extra Replacement O-Ring ($1.99)
(UN)Designs Absolute Bracket Rev. 2 ($18.99)

Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator - Black

Select G 1/4" Fittings (Qty. 2): 3/8" ID Koolance Compression Elbows ($16.99)

Bitspower G1/4 Thread 90-Degree Rotary 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD Compression Fitting - Silver Shining (BP-90R2LCPF-CC1)

2.5 Meter (8 feet) Feser Tube Active UV Hose - Retail Packed - 3/8" ID (1/2"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - Silver

EK Radeon HD4890 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal + Nickel Plated - (EK-FC4890 CF-Acetal+Nickel)

Select G 1/4" Fittings (Qty. 2): 3/8" ID Barb ($5.58)

Koolance Coolant Flow Meter (No Nozzles)(INS-FM16)

Select G1/4" Fittings (Pair): Chrome 3/8" Barbs ($5.58)

^ +1 the stealth 360 is good but the SR-1 is a little better. Take a look at danger den's stuff too. They have awesome water cooling especially for cpus

One question remains:
Are you going to hold on to the 4890's for a long time? I ask because purchasing a full cover block for dated video cards is pretty much a waste. Unless you're not upgrading the video cards anytime soon, then you'll be better off buying 2x swiftech MCW60 waterblocks and ramsinks which will be alot cheaper.

One question remains:
Are you going to hold on to the 4890's for a long time? I ask because purchasing a full cover block for dated video cards is pretty much a waste. Unless you're not upgrading the video cards anytime soon, then you'll be better off buying 2x swiftech MCW60 waterblocks and ramsinks which will be alot cheaper.

Another option is 2 x MCW60-4870 blocks, provided the cards are reference.

I have a pair of the blocks but haven't installed them yet. My cards max out at 64C using MSI Afterburner to control the stock fans/heatsinks.

Back