• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X58-UD5 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamahadirt

I just picked up a new UD5 mobo with the usb 3.0 and SATA 6 features, and I don't want to sound like a total noob, but I can't seem to get the board to recognize my second video card.

I am running dual EVGA GTX 285's, and an i7-920 C0 step and of course the new mobo. I had a ASUS P6T non deluxe, and everything was running fine. I figured since I have a SSD for my boot drive I would get a new mobo to take full advantage of the SSD and what not.

With my old setup, I was even OC'ed to 4.2 Gigs and never had any issues. I haven't seen any posts with this problem. I even uninstalled/reinstalled drivers and the NVIDIA control panel to no avail.

Any one know whats up??

Oh yeah, my OS is Win 7 64

There are a lot of tips here which may help you:
http://www.evga.com/forumsarchive/tm.asp?m=100758768&mpage=1&key=&#100758768

Basically you can try these things to get it to work:

1. Reinstall nvidia driver, ensure SLI is enabled in driver
2. Ensure you are using the right slots
3. Swap cards in slots
4. Run driversweeper, install second card, reboot into safemode, both cards should be detected with vga driver, reboot normally and install nvidia driver

Back