• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P7P55D won't post - faulty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darco

Dear community,

So I bought an Asus P7P55D (http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=RBA8CzWoopUlYRFZ) and an i5 750 bundle lately, but I get no post - there is no BIOS or anything on the monitor no matter what I do. I have tried everything I could and I have even replaced some other parts in hope of getting it all working, but the monitor won't give me anything. I have used the same monitor and GPU for the past 3 months now, so those can't even be in the equation.

I have tried:

• Clearing CMOS (flipping the switch but worried about the battery since I suspect its been soldered on)
  • Switching RAM modules (G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333mhz and 1600mhz)
  • Switching CPU coolers (arctic 7 pro and intel stock cooler)
  • Re-seating the CPU and its cooler (+ carefully cleaning and re-applying thermal paste)
  • Swapping and reseating Graphics Cards (Radeon 4670 and Radeon 4850)
  • Placing the Graphics Cards on different PCI-E x16 lanes
  • Swaping to a more sufficient and quality powersupply (Corsair VX550w)
  • Ensuring that the mobo isn't screwed on too tight to the case/no wires are dangling or touching the other components too much that could circuit out stuff
  • Trying both VGA and DVI video connections to the monitor
  • The Asus "MemOK" feature
  • "Bread-boarding" the motherboard
  • Checking for beeps and red Q-LEDs on the motherboard (nothing for both, even if I take out the RAM and cpu cooler)

Everything looks good when I turn it on (case, CPU, GPU and PSU fans all spin as normal) but nothing comes up on the monitor.

Will I have to RMA it? Thanks in advance....

Last edited:
sounds like you covered everything, looking like a DOA board to me, I would call Asus and begin the process

510-739-3777
812-282-2787

no red qleds? or qleds proceed ok?.. (cpu ram gpu hd)? the red didnt stopped anywhere and continually flash? have u put the 8pin to motherboard or forget to remove the tab and placed only the 4pin?

Back