• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP (please)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seaweasel

I'm in the process of converting my home built PC to water since my CPU and especially GPU temps get a little crazy. I've already purchased:
1).HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366 CPU Water Block and
- Water Block Backplate 1366
2).Bitspower VG-NGTX285B GPU Block for Nvidia GTX285 Version 2
3).Bitspower BLACK FREEZER Asus P6T NB/SB Water Block
4).Bitspower BLACK FREEZER mosfet coolers (2)
5).Über 655 Fully Modded (D5) 12 VDC Water Pump Includes Bitspower D5/MCP655 MOD Kit and MOD Top.
6). All necessary Bitspower compression fittings for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD hose.
I plan on getting either the XSPC 250 or Bitspower reservoirs but am stuck for the best hose/coolant and radiator combination. I am considering the Black Ice SR1 560 Radiator so that I could use quieter low flow fans or the Feser X-Changer 480mm Xtreme Performance Radiator. The only other question tha:bang head:bang head remains is ONE loop or TWO
THIS IS A 920 BUILD GOING IN A LIAN LI A 7010 FULL TOWER. MY RESEARCH HAS GOTTEN ME THIS FAR BUT NOW I'M STUCK.

great parts list so far, but you spent far more then you should have for the 655, but not a big deal.

if this is the XSPC 250 you are talking about it, stay FAR away. it's aluminum and mixing it with copper is a big no-no.

for coolant, distilled water and some PT Nuke OR a silver kill coil will work best.
silver kill coil
Silver Strip
PT nuke PHN

if you have the money the SR-1 will be a better choice. are you cooling 1 or 2 gpu's?

1 loop is fine for what your cooling if your not running a constant load on both cpu and gpu.

Thanks for the info on the reservoir.....I do have a window on the case so looks are somewhat important. I have always feared water cooling because of leaks but when my GPU was reading 81c and was looking at one of the non conductive coolants (such as the Feser). I also wanted to use a UV dye. Is all tubing created equal.....Tygon or Feser? Don't mean to be a pest but you just can't believe all the advertising hype.

Just use Distilled water , as soon as any Unconductive liquid gets other particals it will conduct, Dont waste your $

Yep, I will go with the distilled water also. It saves money, is just as non-conductive as the fancy junk that companies sell when first added, and cools better and there is nothing in to precipitate out, like dyes. Use a silver kill coil, Tygon Silver Antimicrobial tubing, sliver fittings or some PHN Nuke from PTS with your distilled water.

For your radiator, the SR series are a good low airflow choice, but I would also look at the XSPC RX series, which come from a single fan (RX120) to a 4 fan model (RX480). These are optimized for low flow rate fans also and are high quality rads. Now the page I linked shows all the XSPC rads, but the ones you would be interested in are the RX series, because of their low airflow optimized finning.

For tubing, I highly recommend the Primoflex Pro LRT tubing. It's flexible, can take pretty tight bends without kinking and keeps it's flexibility for a long time and it's competitively priced.

Thank you all for the info and suggestions. I appreciate the help.....it will be a while before I complete the project as I have yet to decide on a color scheme for paining the interior of the case. Thanks again
Rich

Back