• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC RAM AND CPU = FAIL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

james castle

Hello I'm new to the forum, havent overclocked a pc since my old amd 3200+ and this e6300 is sending me for a trip.

Both my CPU and RAM can run at decent speeds without a problem, but only when done so independently. Without bumping up vcore I can get stable 350 mhz bus and 7x multiplyer for 2.45ghz.. but only when I have my ram clocked way down. When I adjust the ram divider to run the stuff at stock speeds, I get crashes until I clock down the bus. Does this sound like a southbridge problem? cause that thing is running toasty in bios at about 40c :shock: I have a huge video card that I think may be restricting airflow and causing some problems.

Im running:
gigabyte 965p-ds3 rev2
Early E6300
Geil 8500

Please help me, I was really looking forward to messing around with this machine after upgrading from my kingston valueram.

Turns out my motherboard only supports ram up to 800mhz. Bit of a disappointment, oh well. Has anyone ever used this motherboard or have any suggestions?

Back