• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Disconnect fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

I change out cards on my rig often when benching and a couple cards are water cooled. Was wondering if they make quick disconnect fittings that will work with gpu cooling setup? That way I do not have to drain system every time I want to swap cards.

Thank you, going to take some research I think.:eek:

Hardass, you are using this on a bench and not a case, right? If so, you also might want to look at using 2 of these Eheim Double Tap Connector Valve kits. They are kind of long, so it would be hard to use them in a case, but those use ball valves on it, which are totally non-restrictive. I knew about these from getting them with my Eheim cannster filters for my fish tanks. BTW, those are sized for 1/2" tubing.

Need to watch the price though. Have to set up 4 cards with these fittings. Will get expensive.

if you don't mind ghetto then pick up 2 flow through ball valves, LINK. then some copper unions (you would need 8) like i have, LINK.

total setup should be around $50 or so.

I don't understand how that creates a problem Chuck :shrug:

just connect the cards together with 2 SLI fittings (in parallel), and then connect the whole VGA section (both cards) to the loop with the quick disconnects.

I did this with 2x 4870x2 cards and it worked beautifully :thup:

Back