• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED or ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darvil

My other parts are going to be:

CPU: Core i7-960
GPU: EVGA GTX 480 SC

I realy like EVGA CLASSIFIED because it have a really good layout and 10 Phase Digital PWM but it doesn't have true 4x PCI Express 2.0 x16 @x16.

Right now I'm going with just 1 GTX 480 but later I plan to add another GTX 480 in SLI and another nvidia GPU for PhysicX, this will drop my PCIe to 16/8/8 mod and if I also get another GTX 480 or a good audio card it will drop to 8/8/8/8 mod :confused:

ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer in the other side does support 4x PCI Express 2.0 x16 @x16.

I'm not going with EVGA E762 CLASSIFIED 4-WAY because it's just to big to fit in my HAF 932.

Actualy there are some other feature I would like from a motherboard like USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s but the only MB with this feature are GIGABYTE one and I don't like their layout.

I have to buy this PC before May so I can't wait for any new board release.

I have one more question about RAM.

At first I was going to buy CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1600 (PC3 12800) TR3X6G1600C8D but now i see a lot of G.SKILL kits that not only cost leas but also have better Speed and Cas Latency. So CORSAIR or G.SKILL ???

Thx

Both corsair and g.skill are fantastic brands, personally I've had great success with g.skill memory.

We don't know for sure yet whether the 480 will require x16, but it's logical to believe it will. Nevertheless, a 295 in an x8 slot only resulted in a 1-3 FPS hit, so you aren't killing your setup.
Also, that P6T7 runs so incredibly hot that you guaranteed will need a full block to get the most out of it.
Dominators are overrated and overpriced.
I had 12GB of Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600 last year and they were incredibly nice. 8-8-8-24
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0148252&cm_re=6gb_ddr3-_-20-148-252-_-Product

ASUS P6T7

Hi I am new here.
Choosing betweeen different motherboards I opted for P6T7 for the performance and True SLI. USB 3.0 is realtivley new technology, and USB 2.0 will be there for years.
Other parts include i7 920, GTX 285 and ANTEC Nine hundered two, and 2GB X 3 Kingston PC-14900 Hyper-X memory. Initially i dont plan to overclock anything (just for now), in this case do I need a cooling system?:confused:
the ANTEC case has already 4-fan, would not that be enough?

My other parts are going to be:

CPU: Core i7-960
GPU: EVGA GTX 480 SC

I realy like EVGA CLASSIFIED because it have a really good layout and 10 Phase Digital PWM but it doesn't have true 4x PCI Express 2.0 x16 @x16.

Right now I'm going with just 1 GTX 480 but later I plan to add another GTX 480 in SLI and another nvidia GPU for PhysicX, this will drop my PCIe to 16/8/8 mod and if I also get another GTX 480 or a good audio card it will drop to 8/8/8/8 mod :confused:

ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer in the other side does support 4x PCI Express 2.0 x16 @x16.

I'm not going with EVGA E762 CLASSIFIED 4-WAY because it's just to big to fit in my HAF 932.

Actualy there are some other feature I would like from a motherboard like USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s but the only MB with this feature are GIGABYTE one and I don't like their layout.

I have to buy this PC before May so I can't wait for any new board release.

I have one more question about RAM.

At first I was going to buy CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1600 (PC3 12800) TR3X6G1600C8D but now i see a lot of G.SKILL kits that not only cost leas but also have better Speed and Cas Latency. So CORSAIR or G.SKILL ???

Thx

Have you considered the p6x58d premium? usb 3.0 and 6.0gbps sata on board, and i would think x16/x16/x1 or x16/x8/x8 would do fine with 2x 480 plus physx

just get the EVGA board and be done with it, PhysicX isn't all its cracked up to be, so forget that. for ram get the Gskill ECO DDR3-1600 [email protected], has head room to go higher since its only running on 1.35v vs 1.65 for a set of Ripjaws DDR3-1600 7-7-7. this is talking about the 2gigx2 kits they offer, you have the chance of hitting DDR3-2000 [email protected] or even bit looser timings at [email protected]. the other thing is you can pick up a add-in card for $29.99 from asus with SATAIII and USB 3.0 but i dont have a clue why you need it. unless you plan on buying one of the crucial SATAIII ssd's and i havent seen any device need USB 3.0. unless your going to piece together your own external HD.

Hi I am new here.
Choosing betweeen different motherboards I opted for P6T7 for the performance and True SLI. USB 3.0 is realtivley new technology, and USB 2.0 will be there for years.
Other parts include i7 920, GTX 285 and ANTEC Nine hundered two, and 2GB X 3 Kingston PC-14900 Hyper-X memory. Initially i dont plan to overclock anything (just for now), in this case do I need a cooling system?:confused:
the ANTEC case has already 4-fan, would not that be enough?

I as well have purchased the p6t7 and have a waterblock from koolance on it.
the cpu is 980x and cooled with cpu-360.
temps are 28c for cpu and 34 for motherboard. i am also running 3 gtx285 with one gt9800. the three gtx285 are liquid cooled by koolance gpu-220 and i am very pleased with all the products. the evga motherboard i have (760) i retired atm. 8x8x8x8 is a bottlle neck! wtf. big ups to asus for stepping it up and motherboard so far is working great. the evga sound was busted when i got it. i did not rma it just got the xfm card, it looked like the setup in manual. hehe. i think 3 or 4 gtx480 would love this board! ill soon be running test on it and will post.

wise choose!

Back