• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest clocking 775 board for Q9400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

My Abit IP35 Pro hasn't been 100% stable for a long time now, even at stock speeds (verified that it's not the CPU or the RAM). I'm getting tired of it crashing once every two or three days (it runs 24/7), but I'm having trouble finding any high performance LGA775 motherboards. I know my Q9400 can go well past the 3.6GHz it's running at now, but I need something that can do close to 500MHz on the FSB with a quadcore because the Q9400 has an 8x multiplier.

Is there anything that can push the FSB that high running a quad still on the market?

Decent LGA775 options are pretty slim these days. I can still get the P5Q Turbo, but reviews I've seen have shown it topping out around 450MHz and I need more than that.

Gigabyte EP45 UD3P...one of the best on the market for 45nm quads! I got 523FSB from teh bios and 543 FSB with SetFSB on my old Q9650.

/thread. ;) :santa:

Well, Anandtech and Hardware Canucks both managed to ramp the FSB up to 515+ MHz, and that's good enough for me. Anandtech even used a Yorkfield chip, which is particularly promising. Most reviews I found used Wolfdales or Kentsfields, the former being very easy to hit high FSB speeds and the later no longer being relevant.

Back