• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6T SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeGT

I'm thinking of building a new computer and I was thinking of using the Asus P6T SE Intel X58 Socket 1366 PCI-Express DDR3 ATX Motherboard with an I7 920 and 6gb triple channel ram.

Will this be a good board for overclocking? I've never overclocked before and am new to this. However I'd like to try and hit the 4Ghz mark with the I7 920 as I've read it can be quiet easily achieved.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

The Asus P6T SE is a nice board and getting 4.0Ghz from the 920 is very achievable with it. Just be sure to have good cooling as the i7 does put out some heat.

Here's a great guide to get you underway.

Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

The Asus P6T SE is a nice board and getting 4.0Ghz from the 920 is very achievable with it. Just be sure to have good cooling as the i7 does put out some heat.

Here's a great guide to get you underway.

Thanks for the advice and great guide!. I dare say you will see many more posts by me as I purchase parts and build the machine!. :p

I was looking at obtaining a P6T SE about a week ago, but I missed my chance. Make sure to post up some results if you go for it!

I am using that board and have had no real problems with it. Hit 4ghz with ease.
Issues with it that you might want to consider:
No SLI support
The X16 pci slots are side by side, which leaves only 3mm or so between cards if used for crossfire. This makes the lower card run hot. You could use the X4 slot, but I am not sure about the performance hit.

I am using that board and have had no real problems with it. Hit 4ghz with ease.
Issues with it that you might want to consider:
No SLI support
The X16 pci slots are side by side, which leaves only 3mm or so between cards if used for crossfire. This makes the lower card run hot. You could use the X4 slot, but I am not sure about the performance hit.

Thanks for the heads up. I dont think I require SLI?. One of the main reasons I want a powerful system is to run Flight Simulator X and from what I can gather it doesnt benefit from SLI anyway?.

Back