• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator for i7/W3520 @ 4+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thedude82

I'm trying to determine what will suffice to cool either a Intel W3520 or i7 930 OC'd to anywhere between 4.0 & 4.2.

I have limited space so I'm thinking either a 140mm radiator in a push/pull or a dual 92mm radiator in a push pull. I was going to use a Koolance 360 or Heatkiller CPU block.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Thanks

A 140 with some 2000 rpm fans in push pull would work. This one.

92mm x 2 is just not enough surface area, and the the only ones you can get are old and resrictive. Too small to pull that much heat.

http://www.jab-tech.com/HW-Labs-Black-Ice-GT-Xtreme-Single-140mm-Radiator-pr-4473.html

It's great for HS fans, very capable of pulling enough heat. High FPI. Won't be quiet.

Still not as good as a 120x2, look at the Sq mm of each size.

1. DO NOT use a Koolance CPU block - they're GARBAGE - go with an EK Supreme HF, Heatkiller 3.0, or Swiftech Apogee XT for a CPU block

2. 2x92mm radiator, as said above, simply does not have a surface area geat enough to cool a modern day system with the heat output of an overclocked i7 - a good, single 120.1 Radiator (Swiftech, EK, HW Labs, Feser, or Thermochill) will do a pretty good job of cooling with any fans that push more than 40CFM... if you want a little bit more performance and have the room in your case, definitely go with a single 140.1 radiator

hopefully this helps out a little bit
-JR

I have to differ on the CPU block. Koolance has done pretty well with the 350 and the 360 blocks. I actually read tests/reviews/and try to stay on top.

Koolance has had issues, but don't mindlessly discount their CPU blocks because of some odd readup you saw. Time are changing. I can supply suppoerting links on the Koolance 350 if you need more reading.................

Koolance blocks aren't that bad anymore, but I'd still rather give my money to any waterblock manufacturer besides Koolance.

And if Koolance was the last and only waterblock left on earth... I'd go with air cooling.

Koolance blocks aren't that bad anymore, but I'd still rather give my money to any waterblock manufacturer besides Koolance.

And if Koolance was the last and only waterblock left on earth... I'd go with air cooling.

So why the statement that they are garbage? Post without such strong statements, use knowledge, not yes/no.

Back