• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new i7 MoBo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[99]-RedBeta

Looking for a specific MoBo

First off, this is my first post here so please be patient with my noobness.

I've been looking for a few days now for a 1366 MoBo not just any but I need certain specs on it I guess you could say.

Here's my current specs.
EVGA 790i Ultra SLI
Intel Q9550 CPU
2x XFX gtx260
8gb Corsair 1333mhz DDR3
Creative Xfi Titanium PCIe 1x
Dlink Wireless Adapter DWA 556 PCIe 1x
3x WD Caviar Blue

Now for my issue. The 2xx series of cards take up it's own slot then extends over another one.

I'm having trouble finding a board that will allow my two 260s and also allow my two PCIe 1x cards to be plugged in as well, majority of the boards only have one PCIe1x or those that have two have one that is directly under a PCIe 16x slot so I still can only use one of my cards.

So what I need is a board that has at least two PCI 1x slos unobscured by the PCIe16x slots when I plug my 260s in. :rain:

As far as shopping around for boards I'm afraid my knowlege only really centers around TigerDirect or NewEgg. So can anyone direct me to some good places to shop too? Or if you have a board or two to recomend it would be great apreciated as well. My budget for a new board is around $300 to $350

Last edited:
Back