• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick idea with TEC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boulard83

I already have a loop with a TFC360, GTZ, Komodo, 2xmcp655 and an MCres.

Cooling an I7 @ 4ghz and an OCed HD5870 (950/1300).

My temp are already fine and my delta water/air is ~7°c after several hour of gaming.

Here is my TEC idea !

Using this :
• Noctua NH-C12P
• EK Supreme LT
• Asetek VapoChill Compound
• 245W Potted Peltier

My idea is to mound the Noctuah upside down in the bottom of my case ( or another cooler if you think this one cant do it ! ). Placing the TEC hot side on the Noctua, and the cold side on the EK block.

Loop order :
Res - 2x MCP655 - TFC360 - EK/TEC - CPU - GPU - Res

My goal isnt subzero temp but its to reach just something under my room temp :)

I also just want to try it .. play with it !

Edit : just remembered that i have a brend new AC accellero 8800GTX laying around. Spec capable of 240W dissipation. I could fit the HX block ok the accellero :)

You'll need some antifreeze in the coolant, others have tried this and frozen the lines.

You think ?

My thinking about this concept was 5-10°c under ambiant ... not freezing water !

If this is the case .. i will just remove my TFC360 and cool with only this ... But i dont think its gona happen. I can be wrong !

The water won't get a huge amount colder (if it drops subambient the radiators are hurting rather then helping), but the block itself will get much colder, especially when the box is at idle.

Having a radiator on the loop will help to keep this ~ambiant. Not to freeze.

If i can drop my DT as near as possible to ZERO ill be happy ;)

Yeah no antifreeze necessary

Why not peltier on the CPU and waterblock on the pelt? Seems like it would make more sense to me if you are going for ambient/subambient temps.

Not sure exactly how you are having the air cooler cool a 245W pelt and a water system to cool a substantially less than 245W CPU.

(Doh just realized you have a GPU block in there...)

You could set it up as a water chiller. Stock old AMD heatsink on the cold side the sits in the res Being cooled by the pelt hot side cooled by the noctua...

GL with it regardless :)

Keep a real close eye on the res with a pelt in it, i've read a few reports from people that tried that.
They either got nothing, because it was a 50w pelt, or they froze the res.

Ill keep an eye on everything.

Ill be using an Accelero 8800GTX xtrem as for the Hotside cooling.

The cold side gona flow through a EK LT waterblock.

Ill take lots of pics and post it there.

accelero_xtreme.jpg

F2442C79-7303-7B0C-435412660EE83158.jpg

Back