• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance of Black ice Stealth GT 360

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bumsquad

Hi guys. I recently found a local person who was selling this for $40 pickup. I was wondering if the performance of it was any good. I've only used dual heatercores in the past. Also is the price worth it? Its been used probably for a year.
Also on a side note the only reason i'd get this is to put the rad inside my case. Because my heatercore is currently mounted on top. So i'm sure temps would increase.

hmmm :shrug: thanks!

Its an older rad, has some potential. Even a MCR320, for about $10 more would have more performance. You'll be able to use slightly less loud fans.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmcqupo3xbl.html

The FPI on the stealth is high, in fact 30 FPI is really high. It's thin though. It's cooling performance isn't as good as newer rads by far.

It's hard to say if you'd be any cooler getting the stealth. If you got a great heatercore and use Push/pull massive fans, you get the same performance from the stealth with quieter fans. And even better with a more modern rad.

Its a decent rad, but not the best out there. I have one running the Q6600 rig in my sig, and with ambients around 28C, I am loading on the GPU and CPU (both are in the loop) at around 55C. This is with the Yate Loon mediums in my sig on the Rheobus, but still turned all the way up (my hearing isn't what it used to be so I can't hear them). I do have a set of Delta AFB1212SHE's that I need to get installed on the rad, at which time I think I will see better temps, due to the higher airflow, even at 7 volts. Had I done some more research, I would have gotten an MCR320 so I could run these fans at a lower speed.

Its an older rad, has some potential. Even a MCR320, for about $10 more would have more performance. You'll be able to use slightly less loud fans.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmcqupo3xbl.html

The FPI on the stealth is high, in fact 30 FPI is really high. It's thin though. It's cooling performance isn't as good as newer rads by far.

It's hard to say if you'd be any cooler getting the stealth. If you got a great heatercore and use Push/pull massive fans, you get the same performance from the stealth with quieter fans. And even better with a more modern rad.
??? I couldn't find many 240 rads being tested at Martin's but of the ones I did find the heater core is the hands-down winner at all fan speeds. Now I admit, the heater core was tested with a 30cm shroud and the others were as is (but often have some kind of built-in spacing between the fan and rad - though not 30cm! ;)) so maybe I'm missing something here ...???

Picked one up one on ebay for $30, it has help but it keeps my water temps about 7dg. F above ambient on my i7 860, folding 24/7 at 4gigs.

Expect some noise if you want the GT Stealth to perform. There is no way around it, aside from keeping it in a bucket of ice water. If you have nice cool ambients, you should be ok with a low to medium speed fan setup (similar to what I am running now), but when temps start going up, you really need all the airflow and pressure going through the rad you can get.

It really depends on your heat load. You never mentioned what your gonna use it for. Might be fine. For $20 more you can get a better rad and not have to drive to get it. The rad if used with dyes etc? I wouldn't buy it.

All depends.

Back