• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 930 / Crossfire 5850 dual rad loop order

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Das kobold

Registered
I have all the parts for my new upgrade and I wanted some advice on setting up the new WC loop. I have a 2x120 and a 3x120 Swiftech radiator. I currently have the 2x120 on the back of my Antec 1200 cooling my E3100 and single 5850. Its doing a fine job but I am adding another 5850 and stepping up to the i7 930. I plan on pushing the 930 as far above 4ghz as possible while still being stable for 24/7 use. My single 5850 is doing fine at 1ghz core, hopefully the second one will do as well.

I want to add my old 3x120 rad to the loop.

Should I go res > pump > 5850's > 3x120 rad > cpu > 2x120 rad > res

or

res > pump > cpu > 3x120 rad > 5850's > 2x120 rad > res

I'm just not sure what will create more heat 2 OCd video cards or the OCd i7.

Any suggestions?

Doesn't matter. I think the only suggestion would be the pumps go after the reservoir so they don't run dry, ever. The temperature of the rest of the loop will equalize after a while.

Golden rule, res before pump. Or res built into pump.

Next rule but not important. Coolest water to CPU. Broken ALL the time. The diff of water temps in a proper loop is no more than 3 C or so anywhere. In a low DT loop, it's way less than that.

Next rule, only rule 1 really matters for a new builder.

Back