• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two Seperate Platform Builds, One Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEternal1

Registered
i have two computers, one is a P55 build, and one an X58 build. I5 750 1156 and I7 930 1366. Evga P55 FTW, and Asus Rampage II Gene.

the ONE problem i have, which is actually what lead me to buy the second computer in the first place, is getting a bclck of 200 stable, at any speed. the problem seems to be that when i bluescreen@ 0X00000124, the hard drives take a long time to be detected upon reboot.
it seems that the intel raid controller is at issue, one is the ich9, and the other is ich10.

any ideas?

P55 doesnt have a ICH, P55 is a PCH and houses the sata conections. only X58 has a ICH or SB. im not sure what is going on but 200 shouldnt be a problem the R2G, even though im only at 180 right now. im heat limited by the HSF right now.. my first thought would be the PCIE speed is not locked and it could be voltages not properly set for the (P55)PCH or SB(x58). i managed to get 200 baseclock on a $99 Asrock P55M-pro and right now a i7 860@200 base clock on a GB-P55M-UD4, even hit 220 baseclock on the GB-P55M-UD2.

have you checked out the R2G thread over at XS for ideas?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220678

sorry about the mix up, but fortunatley, you knew what i meant. i was a bit frazzled to come across th same problem across two platforms....and all the stuff ive been reading has rather addled my brains and lumped it all into a mess of info that i can no longer keep straight. i'm looking into that link you posted.
i SHOULD be able to hit 200 bclck esy yes, just as i SHOULD have been able to do it on the p55 ftw as well, but what SHOULD be, and WHAT IS< are sadly my bit of bad luck that no one has thus far been able to help me get past.

a suggestion (is just what this is), all voltages on auto while cpu-v and ram-v are manually set. this way you know that worst case some voltages will run a bit higher then needed. this will allow you to find the max base clock for your setup, as well the multi the cpu has been set to in bios will matter. after doing this testing and you find/write down the voltage values that bios is showing in realtime for voltages. set them manually in bios, then one voltage at a time lower it one notch. do some testing move on to the next one, if one of the voltages IE PCH or QPI is lowered to far and makes the system unstable. put it back then move to the next thing you can change/lower the voltage on. that is the method i used for my P55M-UD4 though i never manually set the other voltages other then cpu-v and ram-v. as when i did even to the values being shown in the bios, things just didnt want to jive.

thanx for the advice, i have been able to get 210 running more than not. the problem then becomes a graphics card driver issue, 5770 starts bugging out at those speeds, i was running 4.5. 4.3 is more stable, but the graphics card is still a little buggy there, so i'm at 4.2 with no issues now.

thank you very much.

sadly, the same cannot be said to be true of the p55 board. same tests did not result in satisfactory results. i guess evga just isnt where it needs to be for the enthusiast market.

Back