• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I build and install windows/drivers before WC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sabiancym

Registered
I have all my hardware parts for my new setup sitting right next to me. I'll have my res,pump,rad, tubing, block, fittings, etc. on Saturday.

Would it be best to hook everything up on air, install windows, update drivers, etc. and then when the rest comes install the blocks? I've never built a WC system before, only air.

I'm using my current mobo and processor, so I'm already going to have to clean the processor.

Thanks

6 of one half dozen of the other really, but I would just build it once personally, less effort. Just make sure to leak test first!

That depends earthdog, he might have some DOA (dead on arrival) components and he won't be able to know if its wc or if they were DOA that killed them. I would say take 1hours install everything boot, if boot correctly just close computer remove components and install wc. :)

If he's careful then it won't matter.
Personally, I like to bench build and confirm all is working before I put it in a case.

I was always going to boot it before building the loop just to make sure I didn't have any defective parts, I just wasn't sure if it would help to install windows and drivers.

Thanks, I'll forget about it.

build it using your normal coolin/air components to make sure you wont have to change them out later if you ordered them new. have to make sure they arnt DoA.
otherwise for known good parts just build the WC and do a superior job of being carefull and leak testing.
personally i would test each water cooling part out of the loop separate also but that is just my formula,

Back