• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New H2O setup.Need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Icebl@ster

I'm building a new computer and looking to water cool it. I'm either blind or there is no more stickies anymore....what happened to all the stickies? I see two and only one is for watercooling.

But anyway I'm looking to cool just the cpu.(core i7 920 with a decent overclock...nothing crazy just solid) Case is most likely going to be the corsair 800D...so not really lacking space.

Main focus is going to be silence and tidyness(also not trying to break the bank)

So...
Pump:Laing DDc-1/DDC-2/MCP350/MCP355?
Rad:Black Ice Pro?Thermochill PA120.X?
Fans: No idea on this obviosly quiet ones
CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee GT?, GTX?
Res:EK-MultiOption 4 Port RES 150 Rev. 2?

Basically these products have been pulled from stickies over at xs so let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Old Thingy,
the first stickie have alll the thread related to WC assembled in one thread!
Budget? 200-250-300-350?
Old Thing that u posted...
Okay,
Pump Mcp 350/355 are good choice
Mcr 320 (50$) will be enough for an O.C i7 920 @4GHZ.
Res . Pump + top res Swiftech micro res. rev.2 (the cheapest)
Fan : Gentle Typhhon 1450/1850! 14$ each x3. Quiet and performant!
Cpu Block : Supreme HF >Swiftech XT > Heatkiller 3.0 1-3 degree diff between them
Done.

Last edited:
Does that setup allow for a future GPU block added?(just thinking maybe down the road)

Also what size tubing should i get? Compression fittings?

Sry Gwiggles I always do the mistake with that block... going to edit ;)
Not Rly U Would have to add a MCR 220 to keep temps good,
If you want to go cheap ways, Barbs + clamps will do the jobs (they are as good as comp fitting but less expensive)
Tubing, 3/8'' Tubing since mcp 355 fitting are 3/8'' but i think with res/top/pump combo u can put any size of tubing u want

Back