• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mzagarri

So I've looked up the P5Q series and apparently my board is non existent. Maybe I am missing something but my board and the box only says P5Q Motherboard. All the boards are P5Q pro, P5Q e, etc... This is besides the point or the problem.

My problem is I have overclocked my board and stress tested it for an hour and everything checked out fine. The highest my CPU temp got to was 42 C. I've looked over my bios plenty of times and I cannot find my Vcore settings for the life of me. I've tried setting my FSB to 265 with x 12.5, but it becomes unstable and my computer will reboot. I assume this is because of my low voltage. Maybe I don't need to up my voltage but I want to push my CPU as far as I can. Here are my current specs.

Motherboard Name: Asus P5Q
CPU Type: DualCore Intel Pentium E5200, 3250 MHz (12.5 x 260)
Original Clock: 2500 MHz
Vcore: 1.13v
Min / Max CPU Multiplier: 6.0x / 12.5x
Memory Speed: DDR2-667 (333 MHz)
Timing : @ 333 MHz 5-5-5-15

I am a newbie to overclocking I have my multiplier set to 12.5 and when I watch my CPU on CPU-Z the multiplier will sit at x6 and random flip to 12.5, is that normal?

I also do not know how to increase DRAM voltage or overclock it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

So I've looked up the P5Q series and apparently my board is non existent. Maybe I am missing something but my board and the box only says P5Q Motherboard. All the boards are P5Q pro, P5Q e, etc
P5Q
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=BxdaHYTJECBvPJ3k&templete=2
I've looked over my bios plenty of times and I cannot find my Vcore settings for the life of me. I also do not know how to increase DRAM voltage
CPU Voltage (Vcore) and DRAM Voltage are both listed under the Ai Tweaker menu. Change Ai Overclock Tuner to Manual, which will allow you to individually set the overclocking parameters, then use the +/- keys on the keypad to change the values.
When I watch my CPU on CPU-Z the multiplier will sit at x6 and random flip to 12.5, is that normal?
Under the Advanced--> CPU Configuration menu, change both C1E Support and Intel SpeedStep Tech to Disabled.

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to check this out tommorrow afternoon and see how it goes.

Back