• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help 7i @ 4ghz and 3 x 9800gtx - Need solution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

busido

Hello all

Which kit do I need:

I have

1 x zalman gs1000se
1 x Be Quite Dar Power 1200w PSU

3 x 9800gtx (with water blocks)
1 x 7i Quad 2.8 ghz which I want to over clock. (I need to get a water block)

---------------------------------------
This has been a suggested solution?

So you perhaps you want something like:
CPU block - EK Supreme LT or other low restriction CPU block.
Pump - Liang Ultra + XSPC reservoir top (since you have limited space)
Radiators - 2x Thermochill PA 120.2's, 1 x XSPC RS240
6 fans - Gentle Typhoons or Red wings, 1500rpm or so with a fan controller or 1800rpm and a step down to 7V hardwired.
Maybe a Fan controller to reduce fan speed? (I personally prefer 1200rpm for really quiet running)
Tubing - 1/2" or 3/8" whatever you want. If you want colour do it with the tubing not the liquid
Tubing clips
Liquid - clear EC6 I think is about the best premade out there ATM. OR some basic distilled + biocide will also do the job and be cheaper (local chemist for the distilled water).
Barbs - choose on looks and price, entirely up to you just have to match the tubing.
----------------------------------------------------

Thank you

Please move to the proper forum. This isn't the WC forum. Ask a mod to move it. Or I can if need be.

We need your specifications. We need to know what you want to cool, so CPU and GPU, your current overclocks, your case matters. We don't care about the hard drives, the power supply. We are dealing with cooling.

We need a signature of your system to help us for cooling. Nice to know your planned room temps in the hot times.

Please move to the proper forum. This isn't the WC forum. Ask a mod to move it. Or I can if need be.

We need your specifications. We need to know what you want to cool, so CPU and GPU, your current overclocks, your case matters. We don't care about the hard drives, the power supply. We are dealing with cooling.

We need a signature of your system to help us for cooling. Nice to know your planned room temps in the hot times.

Ok.. Please can you move the post...

Ok.. this is what I will be getting:

ASUS P6T S/E BUNDLE + I7 930 2.8GHZ QUAD + 6GB DDR3
3 x Gigabyte 9800 GTX 512MB graphics cards with EK - FC9800 GTX Full Face Waterblock
Zalman GS1000se Case

I already have the video card with the water blocks.

I want to cool, 1 cpu and 3 gpu's. I am in Spain so the weather in summer can get got.. room temp about 35oC

Thanks

This Case is not big!!!!!!!!"!"!"!"!"!"!
I would suggest to build an external case for mounting the radiator, because i can't find a way to mount something internaly in there.
1 at the back and the other? on top?
External case can be made from an old steel/alu case or made of wood (way easier) for me at least...

I would like to know what is ur budget? You already ahve GPU waterblock but? do u have the CPU block? if not u should get Supreme HF - Swiftech XT - Heatkiller 3.0 In order of perfo 1-3degree diff.
1 120.3 for the CPU
1 120.4 for all gpu should be enough.
Swiftech 320/420+ yateloon or GT1850 which are silent...
Swiftech320 triple are around 50$ - 60$ quad are way less costy then Thermochill 120.2 will give better perfo.

I would suggest to build an external case for mounting the radiator, because i can't find a way to mount something internaly in there.
External case can be made from an old steel/alu case or made of wood (way easier) for me at least...

I would like to know what is ur budget? You already ahve GPU waterblock but? do u have the CPU block? if not u should get Supreme HF - Swiftech XT - Heatkiller 3.0 In order of perfo 1-3degree diff.
1 120.3 for the CPU
Swiftech320 triple are around 50$ - 60$ quad are way less costy then Thermochill 120.2 will give better perfo.

Ok.... I need to buy the CPU cooler. Black Ice GTX 480 Radiator????
what about the pump.. high power?>>>

What about a

1 120.3 for the CPU

GS1000 is a full tower case. It does have 2 ports to run tubes for external rad. I build a shroud and base for my rad and run it external. The PA120 is sufficient for CPU and GPU. No need for second loop.

Op I would suggest an Apogee XT or Heatkiller 3.0
Triple 120mm rad(good quality) Thermalchill PA120
Liang MCP 655

OMG, its my rig!!!!

these items to start

Wuts? 1 triple for 1 O.C i7 + 3 9800gtx?
are u smoking ****
ThermoChill 120.3 will give about 10% more perfo than an swiftech mcr 320 (not 10degree less)
Mcr 320 is good for a i7 920 @ 4ghz. with low/med yateloons
Pa would be i7 920 + 1 Gpu not 3...

Ok.. So, so far this is what people agree on!

i7 930 OC to 4.0Gh+ - (Heatkiller 3.0 Block)
9800GTz OC - (EK-FC9800 GTX SLI Blocks)
1 x Liang MCP 655
Tube size: 1/2"

Still need a solutions for:

How many rads and which ones?
Which temperature monitor system should I get?
What Resivoior

euh? can u list it... can,t see anything

Quantity Model
2 12v Laing DDC-1T+ Ultra 18w Pumps (MCP355)
2 EK DDC Rev.2 X-Tops Acetal
2 Laing DDC 4 point Anti-Vibration damping kits
1 ThermoChill PA120.3 360mm Radiator
1 Black Ice GT Stealth 360mm Radiator
2 XSPC Single DriveBay Reservoirs
4 Xilence Red Wing 1500RPM 120mm
3 Xilence Pro Fan 120L 1300RPM 120mm - LED Blue
2 12" Dual CCFL UV Kit - Revoltec
3 Mikalor Wormdrive Clips ( 10 per Pack) 30 Total
5 MTR ½” ID Tygon Tubing (used & new)
5 MTR PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils 1/2" (used & new)
1 1/4" BSPP Variable SLI VID Connector 1/2/3 Slot Pack
30 Varoius ½” EK Fittings
2 Pin Modding/ Extraction Tools
100s Pins, Connectors etc (Full Bag)
20 MTR Braid, Shrink Wrap, Rubber Mouldings etc (Various)
5 LTR Distilled Water

Hello

As this is related to this project I am posting this part here.

Does any know the size of the Thermal Pad used for the memory chips with the EK-FC9800.

Thank you

nope. just cut it to size?
Please Clean the rad and every piece.

Sorry let me rephrase.

Two questions..

1. what THICKNESS thermal pad do I need
2. As I have a second hand system. can someone recommend some liquid that I can use to clean the rads if ther is any rust!!!

Thanks

Wuts? 1 triple for 1 O.C i7 + 3 9800gtx?
are u smoking ****
ThermoChill 120.3 will give about 10% more perfo than an swiftech mcr 320 (not 10degree less)
Mcr 320 is good for a i7 920 @ 4ghz. with low/med yateloons
Pa would be i7 920 + 1 Gpu not 3...

No I am not high. I easily cooled i7 920 + 2 x 4890's... It may be pushing it a tad but the case was in question. It is big enough and if you read what I said, it has 2 ports on back to run tubing to external rad if neccesary.

Last edited:
Quantity Model
2 12v Laing DDC-1T+ Ultra 18w Pumps (MCP355)
2 EK DDC Rev.2 X-Tops Acetal
2 Laing DDC 4 point Anti-Vibration damping kits
1 ThermoChill PA120.3 360mm Radiator
1 Black Ice GT Stealth 360mm Radiator
2 XSPC Single DriveBay Reservoirs
4 Xilence Red Wing 1500RPM 120mm
3 Xilence Pro Fan 120L 1300RPM 120mm - LED Blue
2 12" Dual CCFL UV Kit - Revoltec
3 Mikalor Wormdrive Clips ( 10 per Pack) 30 Total
5 MTR ½” ID Tygon Tubing (used & new)
5 MTR PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils 1/2" (used & new)
1 1/4" BSPP Variable SLI VID Connector 1/2/3 Slot Pack
30 Varoius ½” EK Fittings
2 Pin Modding/ Extraction Tools
100s Pins, Connectors etc (Full Bag)
20 MTR Braid, Shrink Wrap, Rubber Mouldings etc (Various)
5 LTR Distilled Water

Why 2 x 360 rads???? IMO overkill. You can run a 240mm rad for second loop for your graphics cards......... and probably install that on the top of the Zalman GS1000. It has a spot for a second 120mm fan on the top. Run your main 360mm rad external and run the 240mm inside the case. The fans will blow down on 240mm rad and the fan on back of case will pull the air out the back of case....

Back