• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech H20-220 Ultima XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1kingd2

EDIT: Added 9 hours of Prime 95 on my amd phenom ii x6 @ 4.2. The highest temp was 55c. Just thought I would add this for anyone interested in the Swiftech Kit.

I would just like to thank everyone who has helped me in my water cooling set up. I went through some trial and error, but it is up and running. Once again thank you very much.

Hello all,
I think I am ready to get a water cooled loop:salute:. Because this is my first time, and I hate when things go wrong I wanted to go with the safest kit possible that will still give me good results. My first choice was to go with Thermaltake's big water drop in kit. But, after reading the boards I have found out that you basicly go to water cooling hell for doing this. So, I have opted to go with the H20-220 Ultima XT. For kits, is this the best opition for performance,saftey, and ease of installation? Right now I have an AMD 965be @ 3.8 my max temps are around 55c under prime 95. I want to lower my temps, and get to 4.0+++ without using too much vcore. As soon as the thuban 1090Tbe comes out I will up grade to that, so I hope that this will cool the hexacore as well. Any thoughts, comments?

-Thank You

Attachments

• 9hours.PNG
    9hours.PNG
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,778
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 2,985
Last edited:
I have heard to stay away from kits. I am relativelty new to OCing my self. My current build is watercooled with a triple 120 that I put together myself. My inital thought would be to put the setup together yourself rather than going with a kit. Just a quick thought. I have had no leaks or mishaps with my setup. *knocks on wood*

I have heard to stay away from kits. I am relativelty new to OCing my self. My current build is watercooled with a triple 120 that I put together myself. My inital thought would be to put the setup together yourself rather than going with a kit. Just a quick thought. I have had no leaks or mishaps with my setup. *knocks on wood*

I know that is the best way to go. I think if I found a check list of everything I needed so there would not be a way to screw up I would go that route. I just thought that a kit would be a good place to start.

Thats not what we consider a kit. We call Thermaltake, Asetek, Coolit etc kits.

What you show as a kit is a collection of very good parts put together in a box. That is the best 'kit' you will find . It will give you lower temps. Will you be able to reach your goal? Maybe. It still is ambient air cooling, and you might need sub ambient like a phase change unit to reach your goal.

You could always slap a bigger or another rad on it later if you need more rad. Commonly done. Read all of the stickes here to see more options/info.
Still, a great starter setup for watercooling. ALL Quality parts.

What you show as a kit is a collection of very good parts put together in a box. That is the best 'kit' you will find . It will give you lower temps. Will you be able to reach your goal? Maybe. It still is ambient air cooling, and you might need sub ambient like a phase change unit to reach your goal.

You could always slap a bigger or another rad on it later if you need more rad. Commonly done. Read all of the stickes here to see more options/info.

I concur with Conumdrum :thup: Swiftech Kits are the best as they use quality parts for the price. Try pricing those parts separately and see what it comes to.

Thank You for the information.

Hello all,
I think I am ready to get a water cooled loop:salute:. Because this is my first time, and I hate when things go wrong I wanted to go with the safest kit possible that will still give me good results. My first choice was to go with Thermaltake's big water drop in kit. But, after reading the boards I have found out that you basicly go to water cooling hell for doing this. So, I have opted to go with the H20-220 Ultima XT. For kits, is this the best opition for performance,saftey, and ease of installation? Right now I have an AMD 965be @ 3.8 my max temps are around 55c under prime 95. I want to lower my temps, and get to 4.0+++ without using too much vcore. As soon as the thuban 1090Tbe comes out I will up grade to that, so I hope that this will cool the hexacore as well. Any thoughts, comments?

-Thank You
Very nice kit! Just one word of caution, if it includes a chipset block don't use it. With the integrated AMD chipset heatsinks you're much better off making sure you have a good rear fan than breaking up the heatpipe coolers ... ;)

Very nice kit! Just one word of caution, if it includes a chipset block don't use it. With the integrated AMD chipset heatsinks you're much better off making sure you have a good rear fan than breaking up the heatpipe coolers ... ;)

Yeah, I was wondering about that thank you. I think I am just going to cool the cpu for now.

Very few people ever use chipset cooling for AMDs - even with boards you could easily adapt. Unless you're using the IGPU and overclocking they just don't get that hot.

A CPU only loop should easily keep your temps in check with a dual rad ... :)

My 2Cents is this......Kits are just that an easy way to achieve WC but lacks that personal touch.....most here want the PERSONAL touch so we steer clear of the kits.... plus alot kits are a real pain to MOD or make personal....

trust me I have geen there thought for several months a kit would be better...I am SO GLAD the people here steered me to build my own...

here is a link so you can take a peek at how I built mine

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640255

Back