• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good are the Resevoirs on integrated radiators?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think most will agree with me non-intergrated Resevoirs are more for convience and looks than anything.....

P.S. also makes it easier to "bleed for air" as it gives you a visual.....

I don't have the one with the pump integrated, but the res is the same as on my 3 fan rad, and it works very well. Sometimes there's a little noise from the rad if the res isn't completely full, but that's an easy remedy.
A reservoir does not have to be large to be useful, look at T line once...

Are there any benefits having everything integrated on the Radiator as opposed to not ?

There is one BIG benefit. It's all in one package. Less hose. Less mess.

It's drawbacks.

There are better rads for rad to rad comparisons. But better rads cost more than double and there is only a 10% or so ability gained. Not 10 degrees, 10%. A 120x3 is over $100 and thats just the rad.

The pump is 'just' a MCP350. LOL, still pretty darn good. And I bet it has better flow and head over the stock one since Gabe had to make a better top for it as part of the Rad (Gabe is the Swiftech CEO). So the pump is just fine.

It could be a bit harder to fill/bleed, but once it's filled/bled, your done.

Lastly, the placement of the pump and res hole limits your placement of the rad.

I really like it myself and if starting over I might easily go that way.

Yhanks for your answers will probably have water cooled system by next month.

Back