• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

build complete, a few remaining questions..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blonde

Registered
hey guys,

first of all u want to say thanks to this amazing forum and all the helpful people. thanks to you people, i was able to install my water cooling system and my house is still standing!! Everything is working great with no leaks and cool temps in the low 30's. Now, i do have a few remaining questions that i want to run by you:

1) my tubes are clear with no big bubbles or anything but there are tons of tiny tiny bubbles in my reservoir. whats the best way of getting them out?

2) whats the best way to drain a system if i want to make any changes in the future?

3) is it possible (or should i say advisable) to do both CPU and GPU on one loop? i am using mcr320 rad, MCP355 pump with top XSPC reservoir.

thanks in advance and thanks again for all the help!:salute:

Bubbles will dissipate in a few days. Might end up with a pocket in the rad. Read lots, you can get rid of it.

There is a thread recently all about that, you shuld read more than just your thread.

Yes and no. You need to learn about heatload, Delta T, flow rates etc.

Since you don't have a sig to help us, we have no clue about your system. So we can't help you. Gonna take mora work on your side before we can help. We have NO clue on your CPU or GPU or your heatload. Can't advise if are blind. You should be able to figure it out tho with some work.

Step back, your CPU is happy. Read a lot, pay attention to the links we provide. Become informed.

You are right, i am doing the reading as we speak. as for my system:
Intel I7 920 OC'ed at 3.6
12gb Corsair XMS DDR3 ram
Radeon HD 4890 GPU
Asus P6T mobo
Swiftech MCR320 rad, Apogee Xt CPU block, MCP355+ XSPC top reservoir.

Hello, I found that the rubber end of the hammer (aka handle ) with small taps removed all those tiny bubbles out of the res....also had to do the WC Dance...tip PC left, tip PC right, tip PC back, tip PC forward...then repeat til there was no more bubbles... for me it took an all 5min. to do.

As for a drian....I opted to have a drianline in my PC build making it easy to drain....also did this for the fillport ...might make more sence to look at the link in my sig. and you see what I am talking about.

You can always have the CPU and GPU in the same loop....with that being said the downside is your temps will suffer....UNLESS you have lots of Radage like I do....

You are right, i am doing the reading as we speak. as for my system:
Intel I7 920 OC'ed at 3.6
12gb Corsair XMS DDR3 ram
Radeon HD 4890 GPU
Asus P6T mobo
Swiftech MCR320 rad, Apogee Xt CPU block, MCP355+ XSPC top reservoir.

Yep, your going to need a bit more rad. Not much tho. A 120x2 would be more than enough, a 120x1 would be okay, I just don't think the small ones are worth it since the next size up is just a few $$ more. And someday you'll need it.

yeah if i am adding a second loop might as well go for 120x2 or even another 120x3 so i can throw some water at other parts later on or go crossfire.

Back