• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/4" pipes to 1/2"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RichieB

Registered
Hey all, question for you:

Thinking about sticking a wc block on my gtx280, the block i am looking at has 1/4" connectors on it and the setup i have atm is all 1/2" pipes, is it a good/efficient to use this and put some convertors to change the size either side of the gpu block?
Or will it cause problems with flow etc

currently using swiftech apex H2O btw if it matters at all.

Thnx, Richie.

I would avoid blocks with 1/4" tubing. It's going to restrict your flow and it'll be a pain to put converters in the loop. Is a 1/4" block all you can get in the UK?

looked about and they seem to be the standard, only found one 1/2" so far and that was more than twice the price of the 1/4".

I had a feeling it would affect flow thru he loop, thnx for the conformation :0)
i'll keep looking about.

Yeah, European blocks tend to be 1/4". 1/4" is four times smaller than 1/2" in terms of area.

awwww go figure....we all assumed it was 1/4" fittings and tubing not even thinking about the thread size...

In that case you just need to connect your tubing and you should be fine...

In the future PICTURES and better discriptions would be better!!!

tbh i never even thought about the thread size, didnt know they could be changed :0)

just thought that the "G1/4" was the barb on the block, thus 1/4" tubing would be needed, learn somthing new every day.

Back