• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 part question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

1. Would water cooling be the way to go for overclocking an i7 930?

2. Are there radiators that come attached with fans? I thought I saw one once that the company sold with fans already connected to the radiator.

There are several companies that sell fans with rads, but don't know if they are already mounted. Koolance is one. Almost all of their rads have a "add fan" option. It also depends on how big of a rad you are talking about.

If I were to only overclock a 920 from 2.66 to 3.6GHz would water cooling still be a necessity...?

If so, I don't mind, I'm just looking to save a few dollars right now.

Would Corsair's H50 be something to look into for this?

I know custom water loops are more effective but, like I said, I'm budgeting so...

Thanks again everyone!

If your goal is only 3.6Ghz... A high end air cooler will do the job, or the H50. Once you get to 4Ghz or so, that H50 will be no better, and possibly worse than high end air depending on its config.

If you cant go all the way in water, just dont go at all. ;)

If your goal is only 3.6Ghz... A high end air cooler will do the job, or the H50. Once you get to 4Ghz or so, that H50 will be no better, and possibly worse than high end air depending on its config.

If you cant go all the way in water, just dont go at all. ;)

True...My wife asked me the other night how much I've spent thus far lol I need to hold off on a high end water cooling loop for right now and go with something a little more economical.

Is there a major difference in speed between 2.66 and 3.6?

Back