• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

necessary to use that white tape around the threading of barbs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sweet thanks for the speedy response, im actually about to fill up my wc system for the first time. kinda scared

its amazing how much bad information u can find on the internet, some saying to use the plumbers tape. I always come here for the trusty answers tho

also is it necessary to clean out your brand new watercooling rig before using it. Like flushing out the radiator with hot water.

YES.....you should use destilled water to flush....you could do tap water but not recommended.... if you do use tap water you will need to let the system completely dry before filling with you desired fluid...ect Feser, destilled water...

You should always flush any new WC parts ... as they could have metal shaveings and such in them...and you do not want this in your system.

do i use hot distilled water to flush? and how long do i let it flush before i bleed it out and finally fill it with the water i will keep

Flush it out with boiled tap water a few times and give it a good shake each time. If you pour it into a clean bowl you can check that there's no bits in it. Give a final flush with distilled water. I generally leave the hot water in for about 10 minutes each time I flush it.

as Elfie said you can flush with tap water, just rinse with distilled and you will be fine.

@2C@nts4U - so you know you can edit your posts, so your not double posting all the time. look at the bottom right of the message you want to edit and you will see an edit button next to the quote button.

Last edited:
Back