• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the Swiftech XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

Seeing as how the barbs are side-by-side fairly closely compared to previous models, if I were to go with the XT and 1/2" tubing would compression fittings fit this block?

It has a plate on top that allows you to move the inlet farther away. It works. You lose a bit of flowrate but not much. I do like the rotary 45's if you want to spend a few extra $, but you don't have to.

XT orientation?

So I'll latch on to this post instead of starting a new one but...

I am wondering about the block orientation. I have a M4A79-T Dx. and I noticed the instructions state to line up the screws with the chip lever but on that board I don't think the hold down plate will match up correctly.

I installed it and am getting temps ~45C (post 3 Hrs of running) so.....on AMD boards does it matter???

So I'll latch on to this post instead of starting a new one but...

I am wondering about the block orientation. I have a M4A79-T Dx. and I noticed the instructions state to line up the screws with the chip lever but on that board I don't think the hold down plate will match up correctly.

I installed it and am getting temps ~45C (post 3 Hrs of running) so.....on AMD boards does it matter???

Couldn't tell ya, I'm using mine on a Core i7.

Swiftech's site says:
The cold plate surface is topographically mapped to provide an optimized TIM joint with socket LGA 771, 775, 1156 and 1366 compatible processors. As a result, the Apogee™ XT requires a specific mounting orientation with respect to the CPU socket in order to optimize performance.
With specific mentioning of all Intel sockets and leaving out AMD, I'd say it probably doesn't matter that much. That said, it wouldn't hurt to look at the core orientation of both Intel & AMD CPUs in their respective sockets and try to match it up.

Back