• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT BE-7 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mkoersvelt

I'm trying to get this board going but it woun't boot the system up.
I believe I have everything connected right.

I cleared the CMOS and checked the battery
Pushed the insert button like the manual says to work the cleared CMOS.
I have two sticks of 512 DDR 333 high density ram installed. I think the chipset can take either. (is this the issue?)
The two LED lights on the Mobo come on. The CD and DVD drives fire up. The keyboard and mouse don't fire up at all.
The P4 plug is installed. I have two plugs on my power supply. The 2 yellow/2 black is installed. I also have a 4 pin plug with red/black/yellow/orange not plugged in.

Alright, the ram must be low density and I changed it. So now it boots up to the BIOS screen. All the drives are detected too. But now I get to the Windows screen that asks if I want to boot in safe mode/last known settings that work etc.......
I try them all and nothing works. It brings about 25 scsi files on the screen and reboots. This is due to hardware changes but it should let me in on safe mode?
Ideas??

interesting, i thought it could handle high density ram... thats my bad, sorry.

yes it would/should let you boot into safe mode. another thought would be to run a windows repair install and see what happens. worse comes to worse, get a older ide drive and install windows to pull the files off. then do a reinstall of windows on the scsi hw.

Oh well, not a big deal about the Ram. Going to try a repair install and see what happens. I have a decent back up so I'm not worried. It's the secondary rig anyway.

can you use paint to post you screen capture into then post it. :) doesnt look to bad for a oc on that hw. :)

Back