• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H50 Overclocking Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lateralus180

Registered
I'd like to upgrade to a Corsair H50 self contained water cooler. I want to run quieter than my current air cooler, and I'd like to overclock my i7 930 to 4000 MHz or higher. Does anyone know if the Corsair H50 can keep up with a 4200 MHz overclock? It should be able to run 4000 no problem but I'd like to push it further without buying an expensive water cooler.

My system specs are in the sig~~

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010&Tpk=corsair H50

You'll need to go push/pull and use outside case air to cool the rad.

If your into getting 'special overclocks' and must live by the numbers vs what is smart overcolcking, then you need to move up the food chain and go real watercooling.

So much depends on your ambient temps, mobo, cooling, so much. I can say your goals of xx OC is bunk, drop back, you need to use the PC eh?

The H50 with some better fans beats air but a bit. But expect no milricals.

Does actually adding 1 additional fan to the H50 (in a push pull configuration) make that much difference in temps?

Back