• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RX 240 vs RX360 on E5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radi4fun

Hi guys, i had bought a RX360 for my water loop to cool my CPU and after playing with it for a few hrs, i can't find a place to fit the 120.3 radiator on/inside/back of the Thermaltake Xaser VI case, so i have an oportunity to get a RX240 radiator, just curious will decreasing the size of my radiator affect any OC results on the E5200 cup? will i notice a big difference in the temperatures?going from a triple radiator to dual? my setup includes a DDC 3.2 w/ EK 400mm. this is going to be strictly CPU loop only.

i would love to keep the RX360, is some one has any experience with Xaser Vi case and a triple radiator setup?

for that chip i don't see an issue going with the RX240. it puts out little heat so go for it.

i even bought a "redBox" kit to see if that helps, but not really, if i do that, then there is no way for me to hook up my fans, the wires are too short. thinking about putting the fans on a fan controller, but i don't even know how the wires would reach all the way at the front bay, if they can't even reach the Motherboard.

Do you have a soldering iron? You can always go buy yourself a very cheap ($5) soldering iron an a small roll of electrical grade solder, some 18-20 gauge wire and some heat shrink tubing and make your own custom length wires for the fans. You can also ite the 3 fans together into just single lead to feed into the case and put a molex connector on it to simplify and neaten up the wiring.

Back