• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Sentry LX fan controller with watercooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

busido

Hello all

I need to get a cooling solution, which will allow me to control the fans and have multiple temperature sensor units.
This is the item that has been recommended to me: NZXT Sentry LX fan controller

I would like to point out that the fans will be attached to the radiators. So this is a direct correlation of water cooling system.

The one thing which I like about this system is that it has an automatic mode. Therefore automating the temperature within the case, in this case, it will be the rads.

Does anyone know of a better product, this would be fantastic if it had a wattage usage meter.

One of the key things I am looking for is automatic temperature control.

Thank you

im wondering why all the focus on monitoring and controll?

over radding and down volting can get you one speed cool and quiet :)

just my initial thought <-- not always so great :rolleyes:

I have the Senrty 2 fan controler and I am not that pleased with it!!!! I also have the KazeMaster fan controler... of the 2 controllers the Kaze is much better and easier to use....if gave me more control than the Sentry and the Sentry only let me go down to 40% volt for lowest fan speed... you can see the 2 controllers in use in my sig build.

There are others here used the SunBeam....but boy is it bright....but a very good product...I think Kaze has a new model out....that is a 6 channel..yup here is a link

Sythe KazeMaster Pro

the sunbeam is indeed sunny and beamy :D

handles insane amounts of resistance (occasionally tries to burn my house down :-/ (needs airflow if loaded up well)

its a sturdy, simple and low on messing unit though.

I've got a Lamptron FC-5 and love it. Comes with four temperature sensors that are plenty long (I have one going to the radiator that's hanging ~5" off the back of my case). EarthDog reviewed it right here. It does NOT have auto fan control so if that's a deal breaker, don't bother looking. What it does have is 30W/channel, plenty to control a few fans (one rad per channel with some strong fans is what I've got).

I very highly doubt you'll find a fan controller with a power consumption meter. It's just not made that I've ever seen.

Hello all

I need to get a cooling solution, which will allow me to control the fans and have multiple temperature sensor units.
This is the item that has been recommended to me: NZXT Sentry LX fan controller

I would like to point out that the fans will be attached to the radiators. So this is a direct correlation of water cooling system.

The one thing which I like about this system is that it has an automatic mode. Therefore automating the temperature within the case, in this case, it will be the rads.

Does anyone know of a better product, this would be fantastic if it had a wattage usage meter.

One of the key things I am looking for is automatic temperature control.

Thank you
Scythe Kaze Server works good. It's an automatic 4 channel <1amp or 12watts per channel> controller with 3 modes; Auto, Semi-Auto and Manual. You can set the base rpm of the fans and what temp you want them to ramp up to full speed on each channel. Been using one for a month now and it works good, and only takes up one bay. The only fan controller I've seen with a power consumption meter is the Zalman and it only tells you how many watts your whole system is using.

Back