• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Exos - 2.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kits like that are not worth it. They are underperforming (bad waterblock/radiator design, small tubing, etc) and expensive. Most of those "kits" also used mixed metals (alum/copper) which will cause corrosion and very quickly kill the system.

For $200, you could build a heck of a nice watercooling loop that would outperform that without question. I'm sure that you will have more members chiming in on what I've covered already. If you can give your system specs, they can pick out pieces for you.

:welcome: to the forums

Right now, I have an i7 920 DO OC'd at 4.3Ghz with a corsair cpu waterblock. Also have an intel X58 mobo, HD 5770x2, 64gb SSD, 6gb of ram.
Also have a 700watt power supply that will probably have to be changed soon as I am pretty sure I am almost pushing my max wattage.

Preferably, I would like to keep the cpu waterblock for now. I would like to run atleast a 2 loop system. One loop for added heat dissipation going around the cpu(will later be connected to cpu) and the other loop for the crossfire setup. I would maybe like to add a third loop for the mobo? Overkill or passion?

Current temps are around 40-50c idle, 65-75c under prime full load.

Tips on radiators, pumps, and resivors, kits would be greatly appreciated! Thanks OC!

I'm not sure what you mean by "added head dissipation going around the cpu". If you mean motherboard cooling, don't bother with it. The blocks are [usually] completely custom, restrictive and expensive. Not to mention that motherboards don't really need much cooling in the first place; doesn't make it a very attractive decision. I'm also assuming you mean the H50 when you say "corsair waterblock". You won't be able to use that on your custom loop as the pump is built into the block itself, the tubing is extremely small and the waterblock design isn't optimal for a custom loop.

You could do a single loop, but I'm sure that a single loop would handle that.

I'm a bit curious about these bad opinions of the Koolance EXOS 2.5.
How many of you have actually owned the product ??
I've had my 2.5 for over 4 years and it has performed flawlessly for the entire time

I'm a bit curious about these bad opinions of the Koolance EXOS 2.5.
How many of you have actually owned the product ??
I've had my 2.5 for over 4 years and it has performed flawlessly for the entire time
It doesn't change the fact of it having poor design or pricing. .____.

I actually ran a ThermalTake kit for a year or so. Just because it works doesn't mean it is good.

Lemme see. The new ones are a lot better. Old ones had a weak pump, aluminum rad, no way in heck can they cool what they say, external, and just so crazy overpriced it's silly.

When most (not all) end up ditching the unit and move to custom WC someday is a pretty solid indication.

I can buy the same basic parts, much better quality and cool better for under $200. When I researched WC a few years ago, I almost got sucked in. Thankfully I found 4 forums with experianced watercoolers and learned whats best.

But, to each thier own. This forum is more along the lines of modders and overclockers. There are forums that are more umm agreeable to the koolance units.

The biggest problem I see with that kit is that the rad is still aluminum, if I'm not mistaken. And I'm not a fan of having aluminum in my loops as then you need to run some antifreeze for coolant. But at least they are including a good, Laing DDC3.2 pump with the unit now. It also doesn't come with a waterblock or barbs, according to the linked page, so you would have to figure those items into your loop cost too.

Back