• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tygon R3603 hose blocking UV light ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

havor

Registered
Hi I am putting a WC system together and wanted to use Tygon R3603 hoses, now i was reading some ware that it blocks UV, what would basically mean i cant use it whit UV reactant coolant.

Tygon R3603 Schlauch mit 15,9/12,7mm durchmesser und 1,6mm Wandstärke. Dieser Schlauch ist nur für die Verwendung mit Schraub-Anschlüssen oder Schlauchtüllen geeignet. Hochfexibler Laborschlauch. UV-Undurchlässig.
Translated:
Tygon R3603 tubing with 15,9/12,7mm diameter and 1.6 mm wall thickness. This hose is suitable only for use with screw connections or hose. High-flexible laboratory tubing. "UV-Impermeable"

Can someone confirm that this hose cant be used whit UV reactant dye?

If that's true then I just screwed myself over large modding plans :(

I got about 50ft of the tubing at home

O well I guess I have to adjust and plan something else

Maybe it just means the die doesnt stick to the tubes... Using a translator may not be the best way to verify its meaning either...

The translation is perfect as i also read German, was just wondering if anyone had isue whit this hose in comby whit UV coolant

Here is the Tygon R3603 pdf file, linked directly from Tygon's website. I didn't see anything mentioned on that page about UV resistance.

Now R3400 is UV resistant, but it's also black too. ;)
Properly the retailer mixed those to up, bin doing more checking up and seen some vids whit Tygon and UV and its seems there is no problem .

So its just wrong information, after thinking about it it would have bin a bit strange if the tubing was UV impermeable because laboratoriums use UV to sterilize there equipment.

Back