• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5E DELUXE VS P5E3 DELUXE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JS1

Registered
I googled bolth these boards and the p5e deluxe is listed as a x48 but the p5e3 deluxe is listed as a x38 i want the p5e3 but if its not a x48 board i dont does anyone know for sure. JS1

They are both X38 boards. The only difference is that the P5E3 is the DDR3 version, hence the 3. Newegg link.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want that board. I had one and pushed it to stupid high speeds on air.

549 FSB SuperPI stable

580 FSB in Windows

If I remember correctly, I did 600/610 after a bit, but I didn't get screenshots.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply,i was looking for a x48 but i quess the x38 will be a step up from my p35 plus its ddr3. cool. i also remember something about flashing the p5e with a rampage bios for better overclock options. time for a new board and some ddr3. JS1

If you have DDR2 now and you have to upgrade the board, why not make the jump to another socket? i5/i7 is going to be quite a bit quicker than what you have.

If you have DDR2 now and you have to upgrade the board, why not make the jump to another socket? i5/i7 is going to be quite a bit quicker than what you have.

Yes i would love to get a maximus 3 extreme and a i5 670 and some ddr3 plus a nvidia 285 gtx ,but dont really have the cash to do that i can get a p5e3 deluxe for $100.00 brand new in the box. and some ddr3 2000 for $79.00 2x1gig. it will be better than what i have now, and for the next upgrade i will already have the ddr3 plus i still want a e8600 wolfdale for the 775. JS1

I'm not familiar with i5/i7 chips, but I'm sure there are "budget" options out there, no need to get snippy. I just want to make sure that you thought of all the alternatives. Bottom line, I'm here to help. You didn't specify a budget when you originally posted, so I can't guess what it is.

The main problem with sticking on a 775 socket is that the "end of the road" was a long time ago. There are no new processors or motherboards coming out for this socket. This means that upgrades in the future and going to be more expensive as you have to start completely over in addition to the cost of the upgrade you want. If you sold what you had now, you could at least get more money from them.

Finally, unless something is wrong with your P5E, there isn't a reason to upgrade. You aren't going to get a lot more performance out of that board compared to what you have already. I pushed a P5K (which is the lower version of your board, by the way) to 570 mhz without a sweat. DDR3, by itself, is not worth the upgrade. I wouldn't even think about dropping $100 for that board or $80 for 2gb of RAM. I paid $150 for this board when it was released (I think...) and a total of $80 for the RAM (8gb, mind you). I wouldn't trade. ;)

Thaknks for the info ,you have a good point,the board i have is fine .x38 is not gonna give much more performance. thanks JS1

Back