• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Need Suggestions On Pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrazyV

Here what i have 2X MCP655's with an EK-D5 DUAL TOP. I would like some suggestions on what you think would do the job are if what i have will do ok?

It will need to run 2X EK triple rad's - 2X single 120 rads - EK res - EK Supreme HF High Flow CPU block - EK EVGA Classified chipset block - MIPs ram cooler & 3x EK 5870 GPU Blocks.

The pump setup ran my 3X 120mm Singles - 1X triple rad EK CPU block - EK Res - EVGA Classified chipset block & 3X EK 4890 blocks quit well but what to you think?

What if i split it up with new tops and do a triple loop setup. Something like this vid on one loop-chipset and ram on the 2nd-Cpu on the third? :shrug:

Chipset and RAM really don't need to be WaterCooled, but if you are going to they need to be on there own loop for they are very restirictive.....then your CPU and Video on 1 loop should be good... so it should look like this

LOOP 1 Pump -> single rad -> RAM -> single rad -> Chipset -> res
LOOP 2 Pump -> triple rad -> CPU -> Vid -> res

or

LOOP 1 Pump -> single rad -> RAM -> single rad -> Chipset -> res
LOOP 2 Pump -> triple rad -> CPU -> single rad -> Vid -> res

this last setup will give you best cooling the first will give you better room but less coolage!!

2 will be plenty, they are very good pumps, adding the top makes it that much better.

if you haven't already ordered it, ditch the ram cooling. it's a waste of money, which doesn't seem to be your problem, but still a waste none the less. there is no performance gain from it.

2 will be plenty, they are very good pumps, adding the top makes it that much better.

if you haven't already ordered it, ditch the ram cooling. it's a waste of money, which doesn't seem to be your problem, but still a waste none the less. there is no performance gain from it.

I have already ordered it. But i was thinking about a dual loop.
1st loop: single 120mm rad - ram cooler - chipset - res - pump MCP355 - single 120mm rad

2nd loop: triple rad - cpu - 3X GPU's - Res - 2X MCP 655's Pump - Triple rad

I have already ordered it. But i was thinking about a dual loop.
1st loop: single 120mm rad - ram cooler - chipset - res - pump MCP355 - single 120mm rad

2nd loop: triple rad - cpu - 3X GPU's - Res - 2X MCP 655's Pump - Triple rad

I guess this works... I think I still would go with a rad inbetween the cpu and gpus for better temps........

but if you have 3 pumps I would go with 3 total seperate loops....I guess I missed that you had 3 pumps in the OP...

Glad to see all the Rads...I always luv over raddage... hope you added Fan Controllers to that budget...

the extra tubing needed to run rad> cpu> rad> gpu> gpu would loose the small gain from doing so. loop order makes very little difference.

I guess this works... I think I still would go with a rad inbetween the cpu and gpus for better temps........

but if you have 3 pumps I would go with 3 total seperate loops....I guess I missed that you had 3 pumps in the OP...

Glad to see all the Rads...I always luv over raddage... hope you added Fan Controllers to that budget...

I will try to get that rad in there if the space allows. 3 loop was the main and first idea. I guess it comes down to space. It's all going in a new Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24. So we will see.

Picked up a Koolance TMS-200 Software Thermal Interface Controller along with the TMS-EB200 Expansion Board with about $800.00 in other parts and fittings.:comp:

the extra tubing needed to run rad> cpu> rad> gpu> gpu would loose the small gain from doing so. loop order makes very little difference.

I guess it depends on space in the end.:shrug:

You gotta luv MM Cases... I almost bought the MM Ascension myself but instead bought a SV650....I just realized I have to many hobbys....WaterCooling, Saltwater Tanks, Motorcyles...RPG's....

I'd stick with two loops, myself, instead of three. One MCP-655 can push through a lot of restriction and still maintain good flow rates.
Res > pump > 3xrad > CPU > RAM??? > res
Res > pump > all other rads > GPUs > chipset > res

Personally, I wouldn't cool the RAM in a loop either. Putting the CPU on it's own loop with a triple should give you good temps.

I agree completely! Tubing restriction will kill any gain you might see - especially in an MM case where runs are longer than normal ...

Back