• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Ice GTX M92 - Xtreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brpeden82

Registered
i already have a black ice micro II in my loop with a swiftech apogee gt cpu block considering adding a water block to my hd4870 what water block is good for that? and also considering adding a Black Ice GTX M92 - Xtreme rad to front of my case to cool the the hd4870

processor is amd athlon x4 630 at 2.8 Ghz stock

nothing is overclocked just dont like the gpu idling at 54c

looking at swiftech mcw60 to cool the hd4870.

The Swiftech works well providing the VRMs & RAM have decent heatsinks (Enzotech copper RAMsinks are good) and you have reasonable airflow. There's a MWC60-4870 for reference cards but the RAM and VRM heatsink part of it is passive.

The rad is too small to handle both heatloads. It's all about pysics, you need more rad. Get a Swiftech 120x2 in that loop, or a 120x3 and ditch the loud teeny rad that needs loud fans.

i wish i know i could got 120.3 for $50 i'm kicking myself my setup will have to do right now cant afford anymore

Back