• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey guys my cooling isnt working out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andrew149

Hey so i got battlefeid 2 i was playing the game for about an hour everything frozed reset the computer went to bios the 965 amd chip was 300f holy sh*TT im only running my cpu on this water cooling itself bare so its not cooling anything else what can i do to get this chip cooled???

i wish i would of known this when i was buying so should i buy another radiator add it on to what i have?

I dont really know thermaltake except this name thermalfail at h20 :)
It is an all in one? or with tubing? pump - res - rad - cpu etc...
If yes u can add an mcr 320 and maybe buy an High end Cpublock (heatkiller 3.0 - Supreme Hf - Swiftech XT.
Mcr 320 -50$

U might want to check if u mounted the cpu block correctly and if the pump is working.
Mcr 320 should be able to keep ur phenom II 965 @ 4.2 in the 50s and below degree. (with HK.30 or HF / XT)

Even with thermaltake equipment you shouldn't be hitting 150 degrees Celsius...

Re-mounting sounds like a very good idea. Under load the thermaltake should keep it under 80 degrees maximum.

Is the pump actually working?

Running out of suggestions but it sounds like either the pump has failed or you've mounted the cooler terribly.

LoL 80degree = death to your phenom II after 1days.
They dont like temp above 60. and u should keep him under 50c for stability.
my 955 at 3.8 stay at 45-47degree under prime 95.
This is with mcr 320 - Dtek v1 (old cpu block) and no name tim. I could gai nat least 7-10degree with a new cpu block + mx-2(3)

how do you get the CPU 29`c over the melting point of silicon and still have a cpu?

if theres anything left working first you need to clue yourself up with the basics read some stickys.

then you could possibly start to replace everything thermaltake in the loop over time starting with a new rad (thats not alu)... sounds harsh but i`ve looked up your TT system and theres nothing good in it to salvage.

e.g. replacing the rad I predict your pump will fail a few months after.

time, understanding and some budget for water or go dig out the stock cooler again.

dont feel too bad though, I bought a load of crap first go :-/ (I got a very healthy discount though :D)

with thoes temps has the block un-mounted or something as Tiny M suggested.

i have the all in one kit i bought the extranal tank that lets you moniture how fast the pump is pushing the liquid and its pushing it fast also no bubbles what so ever

LoL 80degree = death to your phenom II after 1days.
They dont like temp above 60. and u should keep him under 50c for stability.
my 955 at 3.8 stay at 45-47degree under prime 95.
This is with mcr 320 - Dtek v1 (old cpu block) and no name tim. I could gai nat least 7-10degree with a new cpu block + mx-2(3)

Really? I thought the cap was 80. *insert how Intel is better than ATI rant*

Just like BBH said, I'm very surprised there's still a computer standing there :p
It could be as simple as a broken sensor. Does the block feel hot to touch? Also if you're feeling up to it could you try and fry an egg on it? :D Just make a small dish out of kitchen foil and rest it ontop of an exposed part of the plate :thup:

Do post back on how it goes. Wish you all the best!

The CPU is set internally to shut down at ~160°F (70-71°C).

What program are you using that's giving you those core temp readings???

Under load the thermaltake should keep it under 80 degrees maximum.
Model: 965
Max Temps (C): 62°C

Source: AMD Website

This isn't IntelLand - we don't want to fry eggs on our CPUs. :cool:

PS
Crosspost!

Funny how our posts reflected each other though ...!
rofl2.gif

i agree i have nothing cheap in my computer not one thing maby besides the cooling system but that was a little over $200

im using the amd one but what told me was when i rebooted the computer was the bio's i think its crazy but i took the case cover off and it was on fire

Try CoreTemp and Hardware Monitor (HWMonitor) to see what they read ...

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

The BIOS (terrible system) should give the most reliable readings and I think the readings that coretemp gives you are based of the BIOS am I right?

Very unlikely the bios would be wrong and a piece of software would be correct.

they read the same my idle right now is 38c

Those temps seem fine. What does the bios now say about the temps? Could have just been a blip.

Back