• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinion on WC setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreatSaski

I'm pretty new to WC'ing and I've been reading on some things and was wondering if anyone can give me their opinionon a few of the things I'm considering or maybe some suggestions. Thanks.

Block: EK Supreme HF
Pump: Swiftech MCP665
Radiator:EK 120.3
Res: Swiftech MCRES-Micro, EK Res 150 or 250
Tubing: 1/2"Tubing

seems like a sound list to me :)

1/2 inch tubings a little harder to work with and brings nothing more than a chunkier look to the equation.

any thoughts on the noise levels your prepared to deal with?
and whats your goals in some type of prority... performance, silence?

The FPI on the EK rads around 11 so im guessing its not too noisy anyhow in terms of airflow.

I think the majority preffers to fight with 1/4

but its really cosmetic prefference, the choice is entirely yours :)

hang in for parts opinions from other members anyhow (I catalogue the goodies at best, never get to play with them)

Block: EK Supreme HF
Pump: Swiftech MCP665
Radiator:EK 120.3
Res: Swiftech MCRES-Micro, EK Res 150 or 250
Tubing: 1/2"Tubing

You have good looking shopping list there.....nothing to really to bad

block choice good one....did you look at the Heatkiller rev3
Pump choice GOOD you getting with/without speed control...I recommend with
Rad is ok might want to look in to swiftech or Feser ((swiftech cheap good))((Feser exspensive SLIGHTLY better cooling)) I have both and luv both...its a hard choice...
Res GOOD if you have the room go big for eyecandy......if its a small case get the 150 for room

Tubing GOOD...1/2 for slight to no gain in performance over 3/8...1/2 will help against kinking ... again its really a space issue and looks

and WELCOME to WC and OC Forums.....only real advice I can give is READ READ and then READ some more....that it all comes down to what YOU perfer and like...

I was looking at the Swiftech MCR120 QP 120mm and the MCR220 QP 2X120mm for the radiator and was wondering if the MCR220 would be a lil overkill since all I'm going to be cooling is the CPU. If I go with Swiftech, would the 120 be good? Also, are there any good reservoirs that I can put in a drive bay? My case has a fillport at the top right above the bays.

Last edited:
your parts list looks good yes.

i would opt for the dual 120mm just for future cpu choices or if you move it to something else. but i don't see any heat issues with a single 120mm, though i don't deal with amd much.

since your getting the mcp355 you can buy one of these bay style res's that let you install the pump under it. it not only makes things neater but it adds a bit of performance to the pump.

Dual loops

XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25” Reservoir
+ 2x Swiftech MCP355

Single Loop

XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25” Reservoir
+ Swiftech MCP355

as for the tubing issue you can use 3/8 and have lots of flexibility or 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD tubing.

Thanks for all the info, it's really helping me a lot. Before I bought anything I wanted to make sure I did enough research and picked all the right parts since this will be my first set up. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. :)

np, always a good idea to check what others have to say before you get anything. i know it's hard to wait, but it will be well worth it in the long run. i research just about anything i buy computer wise.

You picked the best block on the market currently, looks like a very decent setup. I am using the same pump and with the speed setting on 5 it is inaudible over the rest of the system. Should bring some nice temps on that phenom II :D

Back