• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've fallen victim to my proprller not spinning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Detale

Hey guys I have the EK spin dual bay res and it stopped spinning, my temps are still normal so I imagine my flow is fine but has anyone found a wayto get it spinning again without draining and re-filling at all?

Try tapping it with the handle of a screwdriver. Don't hit it too hard just some light taps might free it up.

Get on your knees and fold your hands...and pray to the WaterCooling GODS that the pump starts spinning again....and if that does not work....I think your in for draining and cleaning the pump and testing it, then reinstall if works or getting a new one... sry and gl

I tried tapping it with my knuckle to no avail, I'll try the screwdriver later.

Using plain distilled with no additives ATM.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

if you can put the case on it's back so the res is facing up, remove the front plate and see about spinning it with your finger then put it back together and see how long that lasts.

if it stops soon then do the same thing but remove it from the res, it is likely hurting your flow a bit.

I would probably take it apart and tinker with it to see whats going on with it.

If you can do it clean enough, like disconnect both inlet and outlet so you dont drain the whole system then work with that part it would make it easier. Or you can look at it like practice haha

worst comes to worst, you'll have to tilt the PC on its back end, and unscrew the acrylic reservoir top and yank the propeller out to clean the shaft and hole it sits in to get it spinning again.

if you do this right, you won't end up loosing too much liquid, but you'll still want to top off the reservoir after you put everything back together

Thanks guys Looks like I'm gonna have to drain it. Eh no biggie I just have to find the time damnit!

why drain it? if you have the res as the highest point, by putting the case on it's back then no water should come out when you remove the front cover of it.

why drain it? if you have the res as the highest point, by putting the case on it's back then no water should come out when you remove the front cover of it.
Thats a great idea, thanks. When I have time I just may do it that way. I'd just have to put some paper towels behind it in case some water spilled back into the case. Honestly though when I rebuild this rig I cleaned out my Apogee GTZ by taking the whole thing apart and I forgot to put the little black insert back in there so I think I may just drain it anyway. In cas you don't know what I mean it's this piece here

swiftechapogeegtzi7008.jpg

Back