• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compression fittings/Tubing question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Massacah

Registered
Hey guys,

I complied an item list a while back for my first water cooling build that I will be putting in my Corsair 800D. I have everything purchased except for tubing and fittings. I'll list what I already have, and what I'm thinking of getting for tubing/fittings. Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

NOTE: Single loop. Cooling CPU ONLY.

Items already purchased:-

Rad: Thermochill 120.3 3x120MM 15mm spacing.

Pump: Swiftech MCP355 12v DC.

Pump top: EK top.

Res: EK Multi-option 250.

CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee XT.

** Also got me some PT nuke.

Now what I need are fittings/tubing. Here's a list I was thinking of going with.

Compression fitting/Tubing List:-

1) Bitspower G1/4 Black Sparkle Dual Rotary 45-Degree Compression Fitting-ID 3/8" OD 1/2" [x2]

--- For CPU block. Can't find anyone that sells these and that ships to Canada :(. Tried performance pcs, but they need PayPal, which I can't use right now unfortunately. Any suggestions? Should I just the feser angled ones?

2) Bitspower Premium G1/4" Black Sparkle High Flow 3/8" (1/2" OD) Compression Fitting [x6]

--- x2 for rad, x2 for res, x2 for pump.

3) PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Red Tubing -3/8in. ID X 1/2in. OD.

--- Going to grab about 10 feet or so.

** Also going to grab a bitspower G1/4 stop fitting for the res.

So what do you guys think? Don't need any size conversion fittings do I? :confused:

So excited to get this thing built!

Off topic, but I gots my hands on an Asus Rampage III! Woooo!

Cheers,
Massacah

Thanks alot guys. I do like the 45s spawn, because I don't think I can fit two compressions next to each other on the Apogee XT. I could be wrong though, lol. Ohh and I just remembered something that I wanted to ask about. I purchased a couple of Gentle Typhoons (1850 RPM) for my rad, thinking I would go with the swiftech rad. Turns out I dished out abit more money and decided to go with the thermochill. Do these fans work alright with this rad aswell?

Cheers,
Mass

yup, at that speed the only thing i wouldn't put them on (i still would, but going from a fan speed point of view) would be the black ice GTX anything else is fair game.

you can flip the little plate on the block if there is not enough room. you loose a bit of performance, but not enough to worry about. but the 45's should fit with no problems.

Hey guys,

I got all my water cooling equipment today, opened up everything to check if all was good and nothing was missing, and then it hit me. I forgot that Thermochill PA 120.3 rads need adapters for 3/8 ID 1/2 OD fittings. So I was looking around sidewinder for a converter/adapter. But I can't find the right one :(. Any help would be much appreciated. I am also looking for a matte black colored one. All my fittings are matte black colored, no sense in getting other colors, lol.

Thanks in advance,
Mass

Yeah, I couldn't find any matte black ones either. Any other solutions? Ack, what a pinch :/.

Cheers,
Mass

Your best bet might be to get regular ones and paint them with a marker. You could email at bits power (good luck with that) or ask at Jabtech, Performance PCs, Sidewinder or maybe see if availble at some EU place.

TC is pretty popular in EU, so it's possible. Sorry I don't have any EU stores linked.

Thanks guys, I'll check these options out. I'll probably drop Sidewinder a phone call too.

Cheers,
Mass

No luck with the matte black ones. The UK site is sold out too, lol. Guess I'll go with the regular silver ones. I might color them if they look too out of sync with the rest of the setup. Thanks alot guys!

Note: Will post some pictures of the rig when it's finished :)!

Cheers,
Mass

Back