• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of some advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SDF

Hello, I've been a long time reader but this happens to be my first post on these forums. I have a very odd performance situation and no one I've asked has been able to resolve my problem thus far. I installed an aftermarket heatsink with hopes of overclocking but at this time my CPU idles at 50C (according to MB it's 35 C). Because of this I have only overclocked my CPU to 2.8 GHz, and sadly it yielded little relief.

I've noticed that my performance is very poor while playing America's Army 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Modern WarFAIL 2 etc. I decided to monitor my GPU more closely and I discovered that many of my games only utilize 30-50% of my GPU.... why is this and is there a way to increase the usage in-order to resolve my frequent performance problems. Also, please note that in Bad Company 2 and others I only gain 7 FPS from going from maxed settings to all low.... GPU usage remains the same.

I can't overclock any higher because my multiplier is so low (7.5) and not adjustable. The only way to overclock is by increasing my FSB. Also my temps on my processor are high enough, idling at 50 and 58 under load. Here is a pic of the inside of my case to show the airflow.

INSIDE CASE: http://img708.imageshack.us/i/20100203152740.jpg/

Here is an image of my readouts in America's Army 3

GPU USAGE STATS: http://img532.imageshack.us/i/aa3gam...303111814.jpg/

It has been suggested and confirmed that my Mainboard runs the PICe16X off the southbridge and is in-fact the cause to all my slow downs.... was wondering if someone here could help find a decent Mainboard, mind you that I'm in college.

SYSTEM SPECS
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
Mainboard: EVGA nForce 730i
CPU Model: Intel Core 2 Q9300
CPU Speed: 2.5GHz default ~2.8GHz
System Memory: 4 Gigs
Graphics Chipset: Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 PCIe 16x
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Back