• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA x58 SLI - hardrive not found and then found after 5 seconds or so...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RADIO_ACTIVE

So I just reformated...

And when I boot up it says drive not found then after about five seconds it finds my drive and boots fine. Is this normal?

btw bios are upto date.

Can you give the exact wording? Is it already passed the POST screen, and does your drive show there? I'm trying to recall what all of my eVGA boards say, I know it's something a little strange... I just don't pay attention to it anymore. I'll check it out for you later when I get home, if someone else doesn't chime in first.

When I get home I am at work :)

It is after post screen

I think it says no drive detected but I willl get you what it says exzactly says when I get home.

Last edited:
Are you running in AHCI/RAID mode? Also is it an SSD?

For the former...

If it passes post then goes ti the AHCI/RAID bios screen and shows your drive, that is normal.

For the latter, I know with my SSD it HAS to be run in AHCI mode or it disappears on system restarts.

Its in IDE mode

Its Raptor 300gig hard drive. I guess I could try it in AHCI mode and see if that works. Because I am having another weird issue when I shut down completely and the start up I have to install Video Drivers again because it does not recognize them. But if I restart it does recognize them...

Howdy Radio. Welcome to the forums. :welcome:
Is that you Nick?

Some odd issues you're having there.
For the HDD thats a tough one. Have you tried different cables and/or SATA Ports? Tried a different BIOS?
For the Graphics - does the problem persist with only one card installed? Are there any earlier GFX drivers you could try? I'm not an nvidia user, but I would imagine if you're running 480's those drivers are fairly new.
Anyhow, gl.

Yep :)

I am going to open her up tongiht and try a different port. I could try flashing the bios again as well. Nvidia just launched some new drivers today I am going to try that as well.

Other than installing the drivers after a full shutdown the system runs freaking great. I wanna fix these issues and then start benching :)

Last edited:
Run SMART test on your vrap. Might be failing video drivers not sticking are storage related. WD also has some diagnostic utilities you can run although I think they are destructive test??? So would have to have windows installed on another drive and use the 300GB as slave drive. (just for testing I mean)

If all is good you can try running some system stability tests (OCCT, Prime95, memtest) to make sure that your system is stable as well.

Well the raptors are not bulletproof, I had one die one me recently. Might have to RMA that puppy if it fails the diagnostic tests.

I just noticed your speed.. IIRC the 960 is not an EE so that means you are running BCLK, have you increased any voltages? Specifically NB and SB. (IOH/ICH)

Also check your PCIE freq and make sure that is not over 115 ish MHZ. (should be stock 100 for that small an OC)

PCIE freq is at 100. I was able to reach 154mhz (24multiplier turbo is off) at stock votages on the 960. I was very impressed with this chip :). It primed and memtested well and I was off and running. I have a few things to try over the next few days. I will test the Hard Drive as well.

Back