• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me build another system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KooK

I'd like to keep it under $1000 for the motherboard, CPU, and Ram. I probably going to buy the i7-860 (and overclock) unless somebody can talk me out of it, and 4 sticks of 2gig (don't know what brand yet). I want to stick with running SLI for my video and run dual 16x PCIe2 slots. I'm hoping to stick with a Gigabyte board but I'm open to suggestions, what do you think? What board should I get?

Thanks!

if you are going to run SLI in 2x 16x, then you pretty much HAVE to go x58 and i7 9x0. the 1156 (p55/h55) boards only support either 8x/8x or 16x/8x

Check out the i7 930 from Microcenter (if you have one near you) $199. They also have the boards for $199.. Good deals... But I would go with the 930 over the 860...

If you want to go P55 and 16x/16x, then the motherboard has to have a NF200 chip.

btw, i just meant that if he wanted to run in 16x/16x he had to go x58, not that he had to or else he would see a performance loss :p

Check out the i7 930 from Microcenter (if you have one near you) $199. They also have the boards for $199.. Good deals... But I would go with the 930 over the 860...

i cant member but i think i read sumwhere on the forums there are some problems with the overclocking on the 930, maybe go with the 920? if its a fair bit cheaper, seems like the extra multiplier isnt that useful. I would recomend my msi board its a beast of an overclocker for a cheap x58 board.

Back