• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator positioning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1kingd2

Hello,
I have a swiftech h20-220 kit and I have a radiator question. I want to mount the radiator at the top of my coolmaster 932haf with the barbs towards the back of the case. 1st question is it okay to be in this position if the barbs are faced down? secondly, in this position does it matter which barb will be the inlet or outlet.

thank you.

no problem you have to move the case around to prime the loop once the airs out it matters not.

and nope its not directional so plumb up however best suites :)

no problem you have to move the case around to prime the loop once the airs out it matters not.

and nope its not directional so plumb up however best suites :)

Thank you. So if there is an air bubble I might have to turn the case on its side or what ever to get the air bubble out, but once that has happen I am in the clear? Once again thank you for the help.

yes theres normally some air trapped and moving the system around can help release it. some situations it may even stop with an air lock in the system.

once its primed (air free) the only other varables that could give you a small air pocket over time are if the res/flow rate doesnt permit small air bubbles to collect in the res. or if theres a slight leak in the system that allowes air to draw in but not always out e.g. a barb or hose not quite located correctly.

ive had issues like this in complex loops which does exagerate the effect...

once your primed you should be ok in short :)

EDIT: more common in larger loops because the fluid pressure between static (greater pressure) and flowing (lower pressure) creates a vacum effect when running therfore encouraging air to draw in any weak points over time.

EDIT2: #Laughs# offcourse it evaporates over time as well :rolleyes: (forgot about that)

Last edited:
Back