• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU block which one to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sweet thank you also which pump is good? can anyone help me to build my water cooling kit? please thank you trying to get the parts from ebuyer.com/chilledpc.co.uk

They only list 2 pumps, the better one is here
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/180084

You're working on a pretty tight budget for a whole kit, esp if you want top notch stuff.
Maybe go with a nice air cooler for now, and save up a bit more form a top end kit??? Or sacrifice top end stuff for slightly older (heavily discounted) gear :shrug:

Have a look at the Phobya/EK 400, at £40 it's very good for the money http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1583 It is noisier than some but I managed to run mine at 5v (out of spec) and it was quiet and vibration free albeit with a lot less flow.

EDIT - I've got a Heatkiller and despite being careful I managed to strip an allen screw head. I drilled it out, fortunately without damage to the block but little things like that put you off.

Last edited:
oh i see but can you help me to pick some recommended parts/fittings etc for water cooling kits?

That store really doesn't have everything required. And we would need to know more about your requirements. What case you're putting it in, what components you want to cool (only the CPU?), and stuff like that. But you might need to consider another store.

we all aim to please :D (just pleased you didnt call me Captain Let Down ;))

specialtech tends to be good for getting thoes smaller parts e.g. Barbs, clips, tubing, fans etc...

best way I find to shop here is make up two orders from places that have most of what you need then compair and delete the more expensive from the order, result is cheapest prices available and two clean orders only to pay delivery on... its not easy in the UK for WC`ing parts, most folk rely on the constant duff weather to cool there machines #Laughs#

well the reason why i wanted to get stuff from those shops and not from ocUK coz ocUk seems a bit expensive compare to other shops.

am going to WC my corei5 750 also in the future my gpu 5870/and other part of my machine but for now just the cpu gonna put it in my HAF 932.

Edit: also wanted to know if 700watt PSU is enuff for it?

yeah am planning to get that block though, but i dont know about the other parts for my WC :(

edit: recommended size of barbs? 3/8? or 1/2?

Last edited:
What case are you working with. The EK block is amazing, just not much reviews out over here.

For beginners, keep it simple. Really. You dont want to much too work with, whats the fun in that? If your a full tower I am going to list these parts, all internal so its even better!

MCR 320 with integrated res.
EK Supreme HF
MCP 655 Pump

This will keep your internal size small since the radiator has a built in res. Easy to fill and drain too.

Now if you go to a mid tower and want to stay internal but get good cooling, you can go this route, a little cheaper too.

EK Supreme HF
MCP355 Pump
MCR220 with integrated res

your limited to 3/8 tubing with the pump, UNLESS you get a top to change that out. Like the EK Acetal top with Res. But if it were me, I would stick to the 3/8 tubing for now and work with that. Doesnt do bad at all!

clearflex tubing
keeps the kinks out and price is low. About the same price of the stuff at home depot but this doesnt kink as bad!

then of course dont forget the Good stuff. Distilled water + a biocide. Most run PT Nuke, I ran the HydrX when I started. Did good, stayed clean, looked nice. Now I run some feser stuff (because I wanted the color) and its so far doing ok.

I never had problems with algae but silver kill coils make sense!

thank you :)

btw i tried to pick some parts on my own its a bit over my budget and i dont know if they're good or not, compatible to each other fittings/tubes etc.

Back