• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance Systems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superflychris

Registered
So I really want one of these:

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=837

But I can't find the right cooler kits on the website, this is what I have:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 HDZ955FBGIBOX 3.2 GHz/6 MB L3/125W Processor
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Or if anyone has any suggestions for making an incredibly quiet system I would appreciate it.

:welcome: to the forums

right well lets forget koolance kit for a minute and establish what you have to spend on this project.

its materials and performance value are not the best out there for a good few reasons :)

your goals quiet then... thats a good start point to know what you want to achieve.

allso we appreciate others taking time to read some of the basic stickys available to proceed and meet our efforts half way :thup:

Hi Bobby,

I appreciate your point but I looked at the stickies:

Things to note when assembling a water cooler & miscellaneous things to note of
Flow Rates, Summed Up
Radiator Comparison Thread
The Impact of Tubing Sizes
2010 Poll - How Do You Fill/Refill Your Loop?
The Water-Cooled System Picture Thread
How to Mod a Heatercore
Building Your First Evaporative Cooling Tower

But none of the above seemed to answer the question of quiet cooling so I read around some reviews and found that both performance and cooling were good on the Koolance system.

Then I looked at their site but I wasn't sure which blocks were right for my CPU (it isn't listed in their product finder) so I thought I would ask here! I don't see what more I could have done but sorry if I am missing a sticky somewhere that could have helped.

Anyway in answer to your question I probably have somewhere in the region of $350 to spend - and silence is my priority. I am not planning on agressively overclocking but the ambient temperatures here in the Cayman Islands are high.

If you could help I would appreciate it. Thanks!

sorry for the vague pointing to stickys, I need to equip myself with usefull links :rolleyes:

anyhow the main upset with the koolance kit is the radiators aluminium... something which even koolance themselves are trying to leave behind.

Galvanic corrosion needs to be prevented in that system which means addatives and an extra keen eye and maintenence routine.

so at the expense of a little more understanding we can look at what parts would best suit you from scratch.

could you give us some details on your case?

im guessing whatever you decide to purchase its online and inported :)

im a little "other world" for finding parts for you here in the UK so im hoping others that shop a little nearer can point you to some bargains that could make it all work out... still I shall try :)

Thanks, I really appreciate the help.

My case is:

NZXT Beta Evo Classic Series ATX Mid Tower (CS-NT-BETA-EVO)(Black)

And yes - shopping is generally done online and imported - Amazon is by far the easiest as they forgive me having a credit card billing address outside the US, unlike newegg and most others. Grrrr!

The other consideration is my low power PSU, I hope that won't need replacing too: Corsair CMPSU-400CX

Last edited:
the swiftech is a superior kit made from tested trustworthy components so yes I would consider it a contender :)

Q. hows it compair to making your own kit in price context then guys?

can we pick him better ourselfs?

(im taking up delegation - for shopping results #Laughs#)

swiftech is deffently what he wants incase one part goes bad it can be easily replaced and not a whole system needed to be ordered the rad might fit in your case

the swiftech is a superior kit made from tested trustworthy components so yes I would consider it a contender :)

I'm sure we can. But considering what he wanted before i did not know how much he wanted to get into at first. It is a good kit for members new to w/c.
What were you thinking? An MCP-355 would be smaller and less work making it fit. Doe's he want all enternal or can the rad be outside the case?

well
Description Qty In stock Unit Total

Ek Water Block EK-SUPREME Hf Acetal LGA1366/LGA1156/AM3 CPU Water Block G1/4

* Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Business days.

Yes $68.41 $68.41

Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded x2

Yes $47.78 $95.56

Ek Water Blocks EK-DDC X-TOP Custom Pump Top for DDC or MCP350 or MCP355 Water Cooling Pump G1/4

Yes $23.84 $23.84

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO REV2 Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir 3/8IN & 1/2IN Barb Fittings

Yes $18.96 $18.96

Swiftech MCP355 High Performance 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 3/8IN Barbs

Yes $58.85 $58.85

Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Black 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet)

280$ no barbs no shipping no taxe yet

I dunno what case it is, the pics is crazy large. Crazy, could you resize it somehow? Usually 640x480 is good, and a link if you need to link it to someone with a 60" monitor.

I dunno what case it is, the pics is crazy large. Crazy, could you resize it somehow? Usually 640x480 is good, and a link if you need to link it to someone with a 60" monitor.

I have edited about 4 times now and it will not work right. LOL Mine is fine this way and if i change it it goes to the size of a thumbnail. I have not had this problem with any of the other post. I'll try again.:confused:

Well you tried. You could delete them and provide a link. I use Photobucket and it has sizing options. Iv'e been pretty happy with it.

But I do understand, glad you replied. Wish I had a 60" monitor too............ Then I wouldn't worry at all hehe......

No worries.

Well you tried. You could delete them and provide a link. I use Photobucket and it has sizing options. Iv'e been pretty happy with it.

But I do understand, glad you replied. Wish I had a 60" monitor too............ Then I wouldn't worry at all hehe......

No worries.

I have been playing with the resize option with no luck. Never had this happen before with them just set the size and go. I'll put a link. LOL Come on now it's a 24". I wish i had a high res 60" or three 30".

Last edited:
I'd go with the Swiftech kit too, good choice for a first timer and all the parts are top-notch. Unlike other kits this one is an assembly of parts we would recommend anyway. :) It looks like you can fit the rad into the top case holes but you'd have to get better dimensions on the case to be sure.

Since you're looking for noise reduction you might want to also get some quiet fans. I've heard these are a good choice (and I really like their older brothers, the S-Flex) OR you can get some Yates Loons (medium or high) and add a fan controller to quiet them down as needed.

It comes up about the same with the XT block, MCW60, pump, rad, and res ... :)

Back